Chapter 144: Can I understand emotions?

Ayanokouji POV

I finally arrived at the cafe where Kurumi was waiting. 

I don't know what she wants to talk about but my guess that it might be something about studying. 

Whatever it is. 

I just have to roll with it for now. 

I went inside the cafe and looked around and saw her waving just by the window. 

I headed to where she seated and sat with her.

"You're here." she spoke with a smile.

"Let's get this over with." I said as I noticed Kurumi giving me a cup.

"Here" she said as she gave me the coffee. 

"Don't worry, it's already diluted." she added. Wait how does she know that I like mine diluted? 

Pretty strange but I don't think it's too strange for me since I think our classmates probably told her about this fact before. 

I mean I have been in this school for almost two years, so I think someone like Sora or Ryuzaki would've told her about that. 

"I see, thanks" I began to sip the coffee. It's just as she says. It's definitely diluted. 

"Now, what is it that you want to talk about?" I finally asked.

"Well, you see, I'd like to ask."

"What is it?" Kurumi sipped on her cup before she answered my question. 

"Do you really have a heart, Ayanokouji-kun?" she asked. 

Huh?

Where did a question like that come from? 

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned back. Oddly enough, this question feels a little too specific. 

"Well, I kinda eavesdropped on your conversation with Karuizawa-san that night." she replied.

"I noticed." I said to her.

"Of course, you would. I'm only curious about the two of you. After all, we had our little talk about you and Karuizawa-san before the exam remember?" she said with a calming tone.

"So, you heard everything?" I said as I looked at her.

"Yes." she replied without hesitation. Well, at least she's being honest with me.

"It's just that, have you ever had a sense of care for a girl before?" she asked.

"What if I did?"

"It's just that you're always a little distant even though you're hanging out with us. Even your own friends from the other class. I understand why you had to cut ties with her but is that how you see people? Do you see them as nothing but tools to you?" I know where this conversation is going but I really don't want to continue it. 

"Why ask such a question?" I asked back. 

"I have been observing your behavior. You may be quite helpful and showed that you're capable of working well with others. But have you ever felt like you just wanted to know and be close to that person for your own personal needs? Where you don't just use them to gather info or anything of that sort. A genuine relationship with someone."

I don't know where she's getting this from but there's no point in her in prying into my personal life right now. 

"I had thought of it. At least when I had that relationship with Karuizawa. She did insist that she wants to be my tool no matter what. But the circumstances have changed. Haru is now in Class A. I chose to cut her off because she's going to be in more danger than she was in the 1st year.