Chapter 7: Class B's mysterious weapon and preparing for Midterms

Ayanokouji POV

It's currently the afternoon and I'm strolling around the campus by myself since Katagiri decided that he wants to get some tutoring for the midterms from the students that got 100 on the last quiz I know that his score is acceptable on the quiz, but the midterms are different, so it makes sense for him to find someone who can tutor him. He asked me but I respectfully declined. He understood so he went to ask someone else. It was a peaceful walk, some students walking around here and there. Suddenly I felt someone bumped into me. I didn't flinch a bit and when I looked at who it is, it was Ichinose, Class B's leader.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to- ohh it's you, you're Ayanokouji-kun right?" she asked

"Um yes, are you alright?" I asked

"I was just finding where Shinomiya-san is, do you know where she is?" oh right I remember, both Ichinose and Kaguya became friends and sometimes I see them hangout a bit from time to time. Even though Ichinose is from an enemy class, it doesn't hurt for someone like Kaguya to make friends with one of the other classes.

"I think she's currently with the Archery club right now" I said

"Ohh ok, I guess I'm going now. Thanks Ayanokouji-kun" she said as she ran off to find Kaguya.

I went back to my peaceful walking until I passed someone who for some reason caught my eye. I stopped for a bit and suddenly he also stopped as well. We had our backs in front of each other. It was silent until he spoke.

"What are you looking at?" he said in an uninterested tone. I looked back and replied

"Is there something wrong?" I asked as he turned to face me. The boy had medium black hair, has a set of dead-fish eyes, and his face is as expressionless as mine. Hold on, doesn't he match the description that Kaguya mentioned? So, it's him huh?

"I'm guessing you must be from Class B, am I wrong?"

"hmm, how did you guess?"

"Let's say that I had some information that I gathered"

"Ohh I see now, you're from Class S right?" that was an intelligent guess coming from him. I wonder just how much he knows

"Who are you?" he asked

"I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, yours?"

"Hikigaya Hachiman" Hikigaya? so that's who he is.

"My guess is correct right? You are from Class S"

"What do you want?"

"Nothing much, but since that I've figured out that you're from Class S, then I want something from you"

"And what would that be?" I asked as he puts his hands in his pockets and said:

"a challenge"

"a challenge?"

"Yes, ever since I came to this school. I thought it would be boring and meaningless for me to be in such a school. But I guess you could say that something changed, and that change is hearing about Class S"

"Is that so?"

"My class doesn't seem to be the type that enjoys a bit of conflict and they have too many nice girls there." Well Kaguya did say there were some nice girls in that class including Ichinose. I guess he's not interested in socializing with girls.

"If they're not going on the offensive themselves then why don't you lead Class B?"

"Sorry but leading a class is not my specialty. But if I did then I would've gotten them promoted already" he sounds quite confident in himself and yet he's not interested in leading his class.