Chapter 111: A trip to Hokkaido

Kanzaki POV

I'm not one to make friends or enemies with anyone. I've always kept a distance from people even when I was little. I'd rather maintain neutral relationships with the people I meet. 

One day however, I was a spectator to a dispute involving a bully. The victim of this dispute told a lie to the bully which led to this dispute. I had no intention of helping him, because I would rather see him learn his lesson for making up a lie. 

But the victim was saved by another person. I don't know why that person helped the victim who clearly lied to the bully, it doesn't feel right and just to let a liar slide. 

It was difficult for me to think who was right, the person who is honest but used violence or the person who lied or that person who saved that liar. I was told at the time by an adult that it's okay to run if you don't have the strength but if you do have strength, you can fight back. 

Though there is another case where if you do have strength but chose not to use it is up to the person. I understood what that person said to me back then. As long as anyone could dominate the scenario, no point of view matters as long as the result was what I wanted. 

I ended up socializing more upon coming to school. I was uncharacteristically helping people but in the end all that dissipates when Ichinose and this class started losing. Although I find solace in two key figures that I didn't expect to save me. 

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Hikigaya Hachiman 

One is an enigma that bears unmatched strength, and one was a loner that proved to have more strength than I realized. 

Their words that spewed in front of me. Gave me a newfound motivation. 

It's strange that destiny led me to this 

3rd person POV

Hachiman: Ryuji 

Kanzaki: Huh? 

Hachiman: Is there something on your mind? 

Kanzaki: It's nothing...Hikigaya 

Hachiman: Hmm? 

Kanzaki: Why are you so determined to defeat Ayanokouji? You used to not care about competing with the other classes but now you want to deal with everyone just to reach him.

Hachiman: I was just bored that's all 

Kanzaki: Bored? 

Hachiman: I wanted something that takes my interest 

Kanzaki: I see, but I'd like to ask. Why do you despise Ichinose? 

Hachiman: I just don't like her superficial personality. She just seems too nice for her own good. 

Kanzaki: You told me once that you hated nice girls. Why do you say that? 

Hachiman: You could say that I had a bittersweet experience with girls in the past

Kanzaki: Bittersweet? 

Hachiman: I'd rather not talk about it further

Kanzaki: Is that why you hate Ichinose? because of an experience you had in the past?

Hachiman: I don't hate her entirely; I just hate her kindness and it led her to bring down the class. 

Kanzaki: So, what exactly are you planning? 

Hachiman: You'll find out soon enough, by the way I can tell that you were never close to people as well in the past. 

Kanzaki: Huh? how can you tell?