Chapter 35: Sports festival

Ayanokouji POV

Our class instantaneously surpassed Class A as well as most of us getting a lot of private points. The top 5 students that had the most private points right now are Yuuichi, Kei, Tatsuya, Ryuzaki, and Lelouch based on the number of points they got from the exam. 

I made it to my classroom, and I noticed immediately that Houtarou is asleep. No surprises there but some of the others are quite tired like Miyuki and Karma. I guess the trip was long and they did tell us that they stayed up all night after all, so it makes sense.

Shigeru-sensei arrived has arrived with some papers as the class begin to wake themselves up.

"Good morning students, I'm sure that some of you got a good night sleep before this"

"What sleep, some of us barely had it" Miyuki said yawning

"Sorry but you always look like that you never slept; I mean you always have bags on your eyes so we can't tell the difference" Sora said teasingly

"haha good one Sora-san" Kei chuckled

"Okay enough jokes, anyways I congratulate you all in making it pass Class A. As of now your class is now on top of every class in school"

As he congratulated us, everyone gave some claps even if some of them were tired.

"Come on you should all be livelier than this, anyways today marks the second semester of this year. There will be more P.E classes than usual this time around because from now until the end of September will be the preparation of the sports festival."

As soon as sensei uttered the words "sports festival" there was a change among the students. Some of the athletic students such as Karma, Suzaku, Light, and Kei are excited while those less athletic students like Sora, Miyuki, Lelouch, and Houtarou let out some groans.

"Is this a special exam sensei?" I asked

"Yes, but since there is a fifth class unfortunately, we have to divide the class into two groups for this year's sports festival"

As sensei said those words, chaos erupted in the classroom. each and every one of us are now thinking of different loopholes and curveballs in which that could allow us to work together

"So, hold on sensei you mean we will all be divided in which we end up competing against each other?" Karma asked

"You could say that, since there would be problems if there are 18 of you against the two teams which will be divided from all classes which also includes the 2nd and 3rd years" sensei replied

"I see so if I guess correctly, this means that the four classes will be divided into two teams with two classes on one team and the other two as the opposing team." Yumeko said

"Good guess Yumeko but since in this case with the 1st years having a 5th class. We will be dividing you 18 into two teams. 9 on the red team and the other 9 on the white team"

"So, this means that half of us is going to be assigned into one team as well as the other?" Kazuto asked

"Exactly, the sports festival will be dividing all school years into two separate groups and having them compete with each other. In every grade apart from yours. Classes B and C will be the white team and Classes A and D will be on the red team. however, since there is a Class S and luckily the number of students here are proportional. Then that means 9 of you will be on the white team and the other 9 will be on the red team"

I see since there is a fifth class, it would be tough for it to organize the teams normally but by dividing us into separate groups will allow it to be easier