Chapter 17: The Tyrant's plan

Kururugi POV 

Lelouch and I are currently walking to where Class C is. To be honest, I am quite nervous having to deal with Ryuen again ever since our last encounter with him. But if he does try anything to harm us, then I won't hesitate to take action if necessary.  

"What do you think is Ryuen's strategy here?" I asked 

"We won't know until we find out but knowing him, he might have something up his sleeve" he said 

"What could that be?"  

"Let's find out" he said 

"Lelouch" 

"hmm?" 

"What made you choose this school anyway?"  

"Well for one, just the fact that this school is renowned for being great. This school exceeded my expectations for sure. The living standards here are quite luxurious for a high school student. Not only that, but the school also boasts about having some of the best students. I actually feel like this school might just give me the challenge I need, a simple goal for me to look forward to." 

"I see. It's a bit strange to see you enjoying yourself given how apathetic you are in having a normal life" 

"hmph, you are right but originally I didn't want to enroll because of Nunally but she was insistent of wanting me to enroll here and not worry about her. She said that it would hurt her more if I didn't follow through with my ambitions in life than not seeing each other for 3 years." 

Lelouch with a bitter smile explained. I couldn't help but be happy for him. 

"Well, I'm sure Nunally will be fine" I said assuring to him 

It must've been hard for him to choose either his ambitions or his sister. In the end, Nunally did convince him otherwise. I know that he's sad about having to not see his sister, but since Lelouch decided to go to ANHS, I wanted to follow him as well. Make his new school life worth it.  

"I think we're here" Lelouch said 

We both looked around and we saw an unexpected sight. Class C looked pretty relaxed, in fact they're setting up a barbeque, they have umbrellas set up, and all the other things as well.  

"Wait, are they serious? look at the items they have there" I said 

"Yes, it seems that they must've thought of the same idea as we did" 

*Flashback* 

3rd person POV

Kururugi: Wait? why do we have to waste all 300 points? 

Kei: Well Ayanokouji-san and I knew that even if we used our 300 points for this entire week, it wouldn't be a problem since according to the rules in this manual, even if we lose all 300 points, the effect will be negated since there is no chance in hitting negative values. 

Lelouch: So, you're saying that by using up all of our points, it wouldn't matter since we'll be able to gain more by taking certain spots and guessing the leaders? 

Ayanokouji: Exactly, that's why I plan on having Tatsuya, Kirigaya, Light, and Ryuzaki to search for the other spots. Giving us more bonus points. As for figuring out the leaders, Katagiri and I will be on it. 

Lelouch: A divide and conquer strategy? not bad Ayanokouji. I must say you impress me with this level of thinking of yours. I guess we can just simply buy what is necessary such as beds, toilets, and other goods like water and food without a problem.  

Ayanokouji: Also remember, Mashima-sensei said that the theme of the exam is freedom. So, we decide on what we should do on this island for the entire week.