Volume 3 Chapter 10 - Slumber Party

Start from the beginning

The other girls exclaimed in surprise, and Lilia blushed deeply at my confession.

'Poor girl,' I thought, 'she doesn't have any experience with romance.'

"I've got an idea, let's go around and share who we have a crush on or love," I suggested, clapping my hands in excitement and gesturing towards Kathyln.

Her usually stoic expression flushed with a hint of pink. "I'm not really sure," she admitted.

Tessia chimed in with a curious expression. "What about Gary? Don't you like him?"

Kathyln hummed thoughtfully before replying, "I feel this strange pull towards him. When I'm near him, I can't help but feel all fluttery inside, but I'm not sure if it's love."

I couldn't help but grin. "Sounds like love to me, Kat."

"Do you think so?" she asked uncertainly. "I guess I might love him then."

But her voice lacked conviction, as if she wasn't entirely convinced herself.

I mentally noted to give her some space to sort out her feelings before turning to Lilia. "Lilia, have you ever had a crush on someone?"

Lilia's cheeks turned pink as she shyly nodded, "Yes, there is someone I had a crush on, but he turned me down."

"Ooh, do tell!" Claire exclaimed, nudging Lilia playfully.

"You all know him very well," she started, "It's Arthur. He is a great benefactor to me, he helped me become a mage but he indirectly rejected me."

'Ah yes, she did like Arthur because of what he did,' I thought as I remembered that plot line that introduced Cecilia and Nico, without their names of course.

Suddenly, Undine's presence interrupted my thoughts.

What happened? I asked her telepathically.

She smirked mischievously before responding, You have an intruder behind you.

I quickly turned around to find a familiar face standing behind us. He looked startled, his azure eyes darting around as he prepared to make an escape.

But not if we could help it.

With a coordinated effort, Kathyln's ice mana and my water magic stopped him from running away.

"Care to explain why you're here, Arthur Leywin?" I asked, trying to hide the anger and shock in my voice behind a smile.

______________________________________

|Arthur|

"A slumber party?" Alistair inquired, tilting his head to the side.

I nodded, "Yes, the girls are having it in Tessia's room."

"I wanted to meet Tessia, but I guess I'll have to come another time," he sighed, sounding disappointed.

I teased him, "Planning to sneak in and meet her alone at night, huh? You've grown up, Alistair."

He blushed and swatted my shoulder, "Stop teasing me. I've learned not to fall for your tricks anymore."

As we were walking down the hallway, we unexpectedly ran into our friends and former opponents from Team Fighting Mechanics I, Gary and Lancelot. Both of them gave us a friendly nod as they approached us.

"What brings you guys here?" Lancelot asked with a curious expression.

"Alistair wanted to visit Tessia, but I informed him that they're having a slumber party in her room. We were just heading back to our own dorm," I replied, gesturing towards Alistair.