Volume 3 Chapter 1 - Student Council and the Disciplinary Committee

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Perfect," I said, "Now that we're all introduced, let's get to business."

"Firstly, there is a new student body known as the Disciplinary Committee," I started, "They will be responsible for security of the students inside the Academy and have ten members. Their captain is Prince Alistair Eralith and their vice captain is Arthur Leywin."

"Pfft, just another commoner," Clive snorted, causing the expressions of Tessia and Lancelot to slightly consort in anger.

"He may be a commoner, Clive," I said in a low, dangerous tone as I leaned forward, my purple eyes piercing into him, "But he is under the protection of not only the Eralith family but also the Whiteborn family and the Glayder family. You dare to go against three of the most powerful and influential families in all of Dicathen?"

The room was silent as Clive's face turned a shade paler, realizing the implications of his actions. I sat back in my chair, a small smirk on my face as I watched him fumble for words.

"I-I didn't mean anything by it," he stuttered, his eyes darting around the room, looking for an escape.

"Good," I said, my voice still laced with a hint of danger, "Let's move on to the next item on the agenda."

The rest of the meeting proceeded smoothly, and Clive kept his mouth shut for the rest of the time. I knew that I had made my point clear and that he would think twice before trying to cross me again.

'It makes sense why Tessia was angry, but why Lancelot?' I wondered internally.

__________________________________________

|Alistair|

I let out a deep sigh as my body slumped down to the ground, two daunting stacks of paperwork towering beside me. Glancing over at my childhood friend Arthur, I couldn't help but feel envious of how he was breezing through his work as if it was a walk in the park.

'How the hell is he able to tackle paperwork so easily when it's his first time doing it?' I wondered, shaking my head in disbelief.

Across the table, Kathyln and Rachel were working at a steady pace, with the latter showing a hint of frustration on her otherwise stoic face.

Just then, there was a knock on the door, and I called out, "Enter."

In walked two upperclassmen - a boy and a girl. The girl introduced herself "Hello! My name is Claire Bladeheart, I am a battle mage student with dual attributes in fire and wind." Her passionate demeanour and scarlet hair gave her a distinct charm which was different from Rachel.

The boy, Theodore Maxwell, was an imposing figure over two meters tall, with bulging muscles straining against his clothes.

After introductions were made, I announced that we had a meeting with the Student Council and asked the two of them to begin going through paperwork and shortlist the applicants to eight members, with the final four to be decided later.

We headed over to the joint meeting room, where the Student Council was already seated. One member seemed to be shivering, but I decided not to dwell on it and left it to Gary.

"Well then," Gary clapped his hands and began, "Now that everyone is here, let us begin the joint meeting. For the first day, there won't be any classes but rather an assembly with the Student Council. The Disciplinary Committee will be introduced a few days later when all ten of their members are finalised."

We nodded in agreement and the meeting began.

"First, for the security, I'll leave it to the Disciplinary Committee," Lancelot started as he glanced at me.

"There are many events that occur throughout the year for Xyrus Academy, but perhaps the biggest one of them is the magical tournament that happens involving students regardless of age and year." Tessia continued," The Director wants something new, so what are your ideas?"

After many bad ideas from various parties, a good idea finally sprouted.

"I think we should have a battle royale first to eliminate many students," Arthur suggested.

"So for the battle royale," Gary spoke as he summarised what we discussed, "We will be segregating students into eight groups, where only two would survive per group. The groups will not be based on the age of the participants."

"I think the next event should be a single elimination tournament," I proposed.

"Explain," Gary demanded as I felt shivers fall down my spine as his purple eyes met my red ones.

"Having a single elimination tournament with sixteen of the strongest students of Xyrus Academy will very interesting to everyone," I explained.

Everyone was convinced and they nodded in agreement with my idea.

"Now that we are done with this, I adjourn this meeting." he said as he got up.

__________________________________________

|Gary|

A soft sigh escaped my lips as I strolled through the deserted corridors of the academy. The usual hustle and bustle of students and teachers that one may expect were absent, leaving behind an eerie silence. I lifted my left palm, and my two cores sprang to life.

The silver core of mana and the purple core of aether spun inside my sternum, their energy rippling outwards to the surface of my skin. The nine elements of mana and motes of aether coalesced around my hand, and I felt the familiar surge of power course through me.

I had grown stronger, far stronger than I had ever been. But, it was still not enough. Meeting that entity had pushed me to a new level, but I had a long way to go. At my current level, I wouldn't even be considered A-rank.

'They aren't weak,' I thought to myself as I walked. Lancelot, Arthur, Alistair, Rachel, Tessia, and Kathyln were all formidable in their own right. But, they were no match for me. Not anymore.

But there were bigger concerns on the horizon. The discovery of another continent left me feeling uneasy. We knew nothing of their intentions, or whether they were a friend or a foe. It was a situation that required caution and preparedness. However, that did not seem to be the plan of the Council who already sent a voyage to the continent using a steam ship design.

The steam ship was also baffling to me. This world was technologically behind because of its reliance on mana. While mana was incredible, it wasn't being used properly in technology and gadgets like it was in my previous life. Thus, I found it shocking that a steam engine was produced out-of-nowhere.

'This means that Gideon is either a supreme genius, or' my eyes glinted dangerously, 'There are some other reincarnates from a modern world.'

Lost in my thoughts, I almost missed the anomaly that had been nagging at me. With my first layer of aether core complete and my second layer under construction, I was more attuned to my surroundings than ever before. I had sensed something strange during the joint meeting, something that hinted at the presence of aether beyond Arthur's bond with Sylvie.

Alistair. He was different from Sylvie. His aether was more substantial, and it felt as if he was actively using it. It wasn't an aetheric core like mine, nor was it Realmheart like Arthur's. It was another unique way of using this mystical power.

I made a mental note to keep an eye on him. The power of aether was not something to be taken lightly, and I couldn't shake the feeling that Alistair knew more about it than he let on.

But my mind was pulled in another direction as I thought about the ancient mages. They had wielded the power of the Akashic Records, but their civilization had vanished without a trace. It was a mystery that had puzzled me for some time. What had happened to them? And why had they left behind only a handful of artifacts?

I knew I needed to find the answers to these questions, to unravel the secrets of this world.

"This is becoming annoying," I muttered as I made my way back inside the building.

[A/N: Remember to vote if you guys like this chapter! It helps me in gauging the quality of my writing!]