Volume 2 Chapter 10 - Spirits

Start from the beginning

I paused, thinking for a moment, before replying, "An eye-opener."

His brows furrowed and his eyes widened before returning to normal. We began talking about what happened in our lives during the time we didn't see each other.

Finally, my father got up from his seat and said, "Let's go to the Spirit Room. We will get the ceremony underway."

Rachel and I tensely nodded, feeling nervous about the prospect of the ceremony.

"Don't worry too much, even if the spirits don't recognise you. There is no need to feel burdened." the Count said as he turned towards Rachel.

She gave him a slight nod and I felt her facial muscles relax just a little.

The two men led us to a room I didn't even know existed. It was a couple of levels before the ground floor, deep underground.

We were followed by various knights and mages of the family, as well as the head butler.

I gasped at the sight in front of me. An ornamental door stood as the entrance to the Spirit Room. However, there was something different about this door.

The four colours of basic elemental mana were pulsing through it, albeit they seemed to have died down quite a bit.

I could imagine the pristine and grandeur this door would have had a century ago when our families still produced spirit contractors.

My father touched the door, and it lit up from his mana. The door swung open steadily as if it was as light as air.

I sucked in air as I walked into the air, shocked at its state. Even though the room was well maintained, it lost its lustre that I was sure it previously carried. The design is similar to the entrance door spread out on the walls.

There was a circular device on the floor. The four basic elements of mana were represented by their colour and divided the device in half.

On the top, there was a beautiful chandelier incomparable to any I had seen before in my life. Following the theme of the room, each part of the chandelier corresponded to the elements of mana.

"For the ceremony, one needs to stand in their element and release their mana. The spirit will come down if they recognise them." Father told me.

I nodded my head, gulping as I dragged my feet to the centre of the room. Stepping onto the device, I went to the green section.

"Huu," I took a deep breath in, relaxing my muscles and my posture. After I was done, I ignited my yellow core with mana.

The air around the room bent to my will, causing everyone around me to feel pressure. Suddenly, the chandelier lit up in green colour.

I could see everyone's eyes widen in shock as a familiar figure manifested in front of me.

"T-that can't be...." a knight said as he pointed towards the small figure in front of me.

"N-no, it is..... the Orbel family gave birth to a spirit contractor!" a mage responded loudly.

However, I ignored them.

A tiny, young female with a pair of butterfly-like wings and elven ears descended on me. She had green hair, green eyes, and fair skin. Her tiny body was covered by a short, pale-green sleeveless dress.

"Sylph... no, Bell...." I muttered. Her ears perked up as small droplets of tears formed around her green eyes.

Suddenly, I found myself thrust into another world, with greenery spread everywhere.