Volume 2 Chapter 7 - Realmheart

Comincia dall'inizio

Despite my limited understanding of aether, the woman who had captured me had a reason for showing me this. Her message was clear: master the power of Realmheart.

Realization dawned on me. Aether was reality itself, and each of its branches represented a fundamental aspect of the universe. Vivum was life, spatium was space, and aevum was time. I used Sylvia's beast will, Static Void, which allowed me to borrow her influence on aevum and freeze time.

When time was frozen using aether, even my mana particles could not move. Aether had superior authority over mana, but it was not absolute. The relationship between them was not like water in a cup or two oceans colliding. Mana could influence aether to a limited extent, while aether could effortlessly create waves in mana.

During my use of Integrate, I had borrowed Sylvia's Realmheart, not my own. I had been merely utilizing her power, without truly connecting with it. While it was effective, it was not truly mine.

When Sylvia brought me to the ethereal space, no mana responded to my call. It felt as though I had no mana core, but Sylvia's beast will deep within my orange core stirred.

Golden runes spread across my skin, my auburn hair turned wheat-blonde, and my iris became golden.

A simple gesture with my hand freed me from the aether binding the space, returning me to the room.

I could sense the mana particles in the air, alongside the aether particles. Intrigued, I reached out to them.

With just a thought, the ambient mana responded to my will. However, aether refused. I used more force, and some aether finally moved.

When it did, I felt truly powerful.

In my past life, I had been a king, but this was the first time I experienced true divine power at my fingertips.

Motes of aether connected before me, causing me to teleport out of the room and back to the outside world.

Breathing heavily from the continued use of Realmheart, I touched a nearby tree and injected it with aether.

The tree grew, sprouting branches and leaves, and a smile appeared on my face.

Aevum, vivum, and spatium.

While dragons had only mastered one branch of aether, I had influence over all of them.

Realmheart.

The power of the dragons paled in comparison to the power I now held in my hands.

|Alice Leywin|

"Do you have any news about Arthur?" I asked with a tremble in my voice, desperate for any shred of information.

Rey and Vincent shared a look of defeat before shaking their heads. My heart sank, the weight of the two-month long search for my missing son bearing down on me.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my emotions. It had been two months since the artifact on my ring had alerted me to Arthur's disappearance. Despite our efforts and countless inquiries to the Adventurer's guild, we had no luck in finding him.

We did find Jasmine, one of the members from his party, but she was guilt-ridden and unable to save Arthur. She had informed us about Gary Whiteborn, the leader of the party, who was now in a coma. The party had encountered an illusion attack, and Arthur was missing ever since.

The dungeon they were exploring had been rated as S-class due to the presence of a Sky Griffin, which suggested the existence of an SS-class boss monster that might be responsible for Arthur's disappearance.