Chapter 2: The Start of Another Tragedy (1)

Start from the beginning

So a fearful result came to life.

They continued to hide, bundling up as they hid behind the ruined cars. The heat flickered down their necks as they had been consumed by the fear of dying.

Soon, they had entered the building; and they had continued to fight. They saw this as a chance and ran away and found the necessary safety that they had desired so desperately.

But those who did not act quick enough, had suffered greatly. As the building came down, debris flew and the torsos of many were torn off with such unspoken delicacy.

That was their fate.

Death.

Electricity ran through he area, and they only continued to fight. Many injuries were sustained as flying spikes of earth were destroyed and thrown towards the streets.

Cries.

Screams.

The blood and insides of the dead.

That was what existed in this nasty world that they had managed to engulf themselves in. They held their heads tightly as they breathed quickly and nastily.

The intent of those beings were suffocating, almost deathly so.

They got on their knees as they cried and cried. Seemingly, they had thought this was the end of their lives-- and they weren't so far-fetched to think so.

As their bodies were dyed in pools of blood, the metallic scent met their nose as they continued to quiver even further.

As the flames raged on, they heard the chirping of a thousand birds. And soon enough, a thud clacked with the rough ground.

Quiet.

There was no onslaught of attacks; nor were there any other sound other than the raging fires that seemed to have no real end.

Albeit slowly, the civilians got up from their terrified positions.

Their eyes swept through the area; and saw a ring of fire entrap two people. They knew it was wrong of them, but they felt relieved when they saw the condition of those two people.

Dead.

They were dead.

And they were relieved by such a revelation.

Their cries stopped as they saw the hand of one of them slowly raise. With a slight tear, he held a small smile on his face.

He truly died afterwards.

His body had begun to become particles of divine light; and, for a moment, they were mesmerized by such a sight.

But they suddenly froze.

The light had froze in the air, suspending itself as it floated under the Moon's gaze. Their heart began to rapidly beat once more.

Their minds screamed to run.

But they couldn't move.

Their bodies were frozen in fear.