Chapter 53

Kong POV

Being with Kannika was so easy. I felt so at ease, like I have known her my whole life. We were sitting next to the pound when a thought crossed my mind.

"You said you had a son. When was the last time you saw him?" She gave me a sad smile before looking at the pound.

"I lost him when he was five years old. There was an accident." She said tears in her eyes. I felt so bad for asking

"Oh...I am so sorry" I said looking down at my hands. "You must have loved him so much." I spoke. I always wonder it would be like to have a mother like that.

"I did. He was my world. His father and I loved him more than anything in the world. He was such a happy child. Always laughing and smiling. Always trying to make friends" She said a bright smile on her face. "My best friend had a son, he was much older than my boy, and my son would always follow her son around. We used to laugh and say that one day they would be married." She said laughing. "my friend, her son uses to call my boy bunny, because he uses to wiggle his nose like one" I laughed, then winced as I felt a sharp pain in the side of my head. You are my brave bunny aren't you Kong? I heard a voice loud and clear, one I don't remember ever hearing before. Kannika looked at me worried. "you, okay?"

"yes...Tell me more about your son if your okay with that?" Kannika smiled as she started to rock in her chair.

"My boy, he was the sweetest thing any mother could ask for. When he was born, he had the brightest chocolate eyes I have ever seen. He has his father eyes without a doubt. His skin was tan just like his fathers as well. He was the apple of my husband eyes. My husband always said he didn't care if his son were an alpha, beta, or omega, he would be proud no matter what. He was my little moon." She said looking down at her hands. "I wish I could have seen him grow up. See what kind of man he turned into" she said tears in her eyes. There was so much pain in her voice.

"I'm sure he would have turned out to be an amazing person with you as his mother" I said, patting her hand gentle. She gave me a teary smile before looking out to the pound again.

"Tell me about your friends." She asked. I laugh thinking of my friends

"My friends are everything to me. There is Ming a alpha, he was always our protector. Then there is Aim, he is really quiet unless you do something to his family or friends. Us three have been best friends since the first grade. Then there is Wayo, he became Aim and I friend when we were in middle school. He has been Ming friend since they were in diapers. If it wasn't for those three. I don't know if I would have been able to make it as far as I did." I said smiling at the thought of them. "I wonder what they are doing right now." "Kong it's time to wake up now. Arthit is being mean to me again." I spin around in my chair. That was Ming voice. I look at Kannika before looking around again. "Did you hear that?"

"Yes, it seems your friend is calling you" she said. I looked at her confused. She smiled standing up. "Come follow me" she said as he moved closer to the pound. Curious I stand and follow her. Once we get to the edge of the pound she turns and look at me. "Do you still feel like you are forgetting something?" she asked me. I nod, the feeling I was forgetting something especially important hasn't gone away. "why don't you look in the water and tell me what you see" She says. I look at her confused again.

"What?" She laughs at my confusion before pointing to the water.
"Just look" She says. I look at her again before looking into the water. I don't see, but rocks. The water is surprisingly clear enough to see the bottom. As I continue to look the water starts to turn mucky before it clears up again. I gasp at what I see. I was laying in a hospital bed. There were people all around me. Ming, Yo, Aim. There were other people but for some reason I didn't recognize them.