Chapter 58

Arthit POV

I stare at Kong as he sits outside on the balcony. This isn't the first time I've came home in the past week to find him sitting there. Always huddled into himself, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders. The babies always asleep in their bassinets. The balcony door always open just a little so he can hear them, even though I could see the baby monitor next to him. I wanted to ask him what was running though his mind, but I knew he needed time to figure it out as well.

When Kong told us about his time in the coma, the place he had been, the person he had saw. Mae was sad, so hurt, and pissed. Both my grandfather and my mom were pissed. Mae explained about the accident that killed Kong mother. The accident and death of Kannika Suthiluck and her five-year-old son was very public. It was all over the papers, and news. Not just in Thailand but all over Asia and parts of Europe as well.

Flashback

"When the news of your mother accident became public it wasn't only friends and family that mourned her lost." Mae said as she sat next to Kong holding his hands. "Your mae and I were friends since the time we were diapers. Your mother was not only my best friend, but a sister to me. We did everything together, if you found one of us then you would find the others, we were thick as thieves as they called us. Kannika was always the sweet, one, polite, always trying to do the right thing. While I was the outgoing one, loud, talked back, always stood up for myself." Mae laughed softly tears in her eyes. She took a deep breath before continuing. "When we were in high school, we both liked the same guy, but of course he liked your mom more. I knew it was due to her looks and social status, but your mae...she always looked for the good in people. We got into a fight, the first serious one. She didn't want to believe me that he was just using her. She called me jealous, and I called her a bitch" mae chocked on the last word tears falling down her face. Kong reached up wiping the tears off her cheek. She smiled sadly at him then continued. "We didn't talk for a week. I even moved seats with someone. After fifteen days of not talking, she came up to me, said she was sorry, and I was right. We both cried and swore to never fight about a man again. Of course, we had petty fights, but nothing that we couldn't laugh off after an hour or two." Kong poured her some tea handing it to her. She smiled again taken deep breath, clearing her throat. "thank you, sweetie" she cleared her throat again, finishing her tear. "We applied for the same university, of course back then we couldn't do much of anything, but your mother wanted to become a teacher and I wanted business. If it wasn't for your grandparents influence, I don't know if I would have been able to get into business school. I have forever been grateful to them for it. While in collage we both found our mates, at the same time too! Can you imagine" she laughs a twinkle in her eye. "We were both in the mall, shopping for a dress, we both had nominated for our departments campus stars. We just walked out of the mall when two older men walked towards us. It was...I can't say magical, but it was something." This time my grandfather joins in as my mother laughs. Kong curls into me wrapping my arms around him.

"I guess mae and I are the same in that matter, it was far from magical meeting P'Arthit"

"Hey! Just because its true doesn't mean you have to point it out." I huffed then laugh as Kong giggles tighten my old around him. Mae looks at us a sad smile on her face.

"Your mae, would have loved to see this. She always said "Achara, I bet our children will be mates. They have to be, rather they are both boys, both girls or one of each, I just know they will be mate". After we met your fathers, the four of us were inseparable. The only time you found us alone is during classes. Otherwise, we were always together. Even our study groups would be together." Mae giggled again thinking about the past a glaze looks in her eye.

"When she says they did everything together she truly means it. Your parents got married on the same. A year later both girls were pregnant." We looked at my grandfather who face was full of sadness. "Kannika miscarried and it was devastating to all four of them. When Arthit was born, she doted on him as if he was her own. Kannika and Kerkkrai, tried for years to have a baby, but gave up. Achara, and Sonchai also tried to have another baby but was unsuccessful as well. So, when they got the news that Kannika was finally pregnant, all four of them rejoiced, Kannika did everything in her power to make sure her pregnancy went smoothly. When you were born Kongpob your parents were over the moon." My grandpa had a sad smile on his face thinking of the past. We all sat in silence for a little while Kong face nuzzled in my chest as I rub circles on his back gentle. I know all this has to be overwhelming for him.