Chapter 18

Arthit POV

Well, this is new. I thought as I stared at the young man slumped at my dining room table books and papers all over the place, sound asleep on his folded arm. A week ago, my mother and I picked him up from the hospital. My mother had a brilliant idea that the young omega should move out of the dorms and into my condominium. The young man was scared and nerves and tried his hardest to talk my mother out of it. But of course, my mother would not hear any agurement. My omega's eyes flash blue like he wanted to put up a fight, but instead he just bowed his head and agreed. Now a week the little one is asleep arms folded on the table, his head laying on top of them, sound asleep. This past week I have only seen Kong twice. The day my mother and I brought him here, and now today. As a CEO people assume I would live in a mansion or a penthouse, but in all reality, I live on the twenty-third floor of a very security apartment building. There are five bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Something I chose for when my friends crashed over. There is also a library I use for an office. A genuinely nice size balcony, then if course there is the living room, dining room and kitchen, all open space. Floor to ceiling windows the living room and the master bedroom, and an infinity pool. The master bedroom thanks the gods is upstairs, away from all the nose my friends make when they are drunk. The only reason I got a big place to begin with.

Kong keeps to his room when he is here, the housekeeper I have has noted the boy is not eating anything. If he is, then he cleans up so well she cannot tell. That actually has me really worried. I have been coming home earlier than normal all week to try and get a glimpse of him, but he is already in his room with the door shut, and I assume locked. I walk over to Kong and touch his hair lightly. The boy does have the softest hair I have ever felt, I thought as I ran my hand though his hair gentle. I did not want to wake him up, but I was worried laying like this might hurt him. A low whimper brought me out of my daze, as I glanced down at Kong. He had his eyebrows kneaded today; his lips were turned down in a pout. A moan this time, sounding almost painful, before his back arched, and a painful scream ripped from his throat. "stop! Please stop! No more!" Kong scream, tears falling down his check. I knew he was having a nightmare; this was the second time I had witnessed it. I placed my hand on his shoulder shacking him gentle. "Kong, Kong, wake up." I say gently releasing off calming pheromones. He did not move a muscle, just screamed more. "Bunny, come on wake up for me, wake up for your alpha now." I said in a more demanding tone. I lifted him up from his chair sitting down instead, placing him on my lap. "Come on bunny, fight it, I know you do it, wake up for me now." I placed his face in my neck, hoping he would smell my scent and know he was safe, that he was protected. As I rocked him, I could feel him start to relax in my hold. The tears were still coming, I felt them on my neck and shoulder. "That is my good bunny. You are safe now; nobody is going to hurt you." I kept whispering in his ear, rocking him gentle. After a few moment, his body completely relax against mine. "P'...P'Arthit?" he asked, his voice horsed from the crying and screaming. He sounded confused. I ran my hand through his hair gentle. "Yes bunny," I say, softly voice no more than a whisper, I did not want to scare him. The sound of my voice brought him the rest of the way out of his sleep state, as he shot straight up, eyes wide, with fear. He would have fallen off of my lap if I had not had my arms wrapped around his wraist. "Whoa, bunny, it's okay, it's okay" I say. He looked around the room, then back at me, fear still in his eyes, but not as much as before. "You are okay bunny," I said again making sure I keep my voice low and releasing calming pheromones "You were just having a nightmare, it was just a nightmare everything is okay." He keeps his eyes on mine, as his lips start to tremble, and tears form again. "shhh, shhh, shhh its okay, no need to cry, bunny, everything is okay." I slowly lifted my hand to his cheek. Kong eyes darted to hand and watched. I knew if I made any sudden moves, he might get scared. I placed the back of my knuckles on his cheek and rubbed gentle. Kong closed his eyes taken a shaky breath, as leaned into my touch. "can you tell me what the nightmare was about?" I asked softly. Kong shook his head no, not opening his eyes. "Please bunny?" I asked again. He shook his head again tears falling down his cheek. "all right I will not push. Have you ate today?" I asked as I gently moved him to stand up. He blushed but shook his head yet again. "Bunny, you need to eat, if not for yourself then for the young one you are carring" I said as I walk into the kitchen. He was silent. I was not sure which of my words upset him. "What would you like to eat?" I settled for asking, as I looked though the refrigerator, and cupboard to see what we might have to cook. I am not the best cook, hell, who am I kidding I know I am not the best cook but at least I know how to make ramen. When I did not get an answer even after several moments, I turned to look at him. Kong was still standing where I put him, hands on his stomach, a pout on his lips. Why was he pouting? And who gave him the right to look so damn cute when he pouted? Whoa! I need to stop thinking that way. "Kong? Bunny? What do you want to eat?" He finally looked up at me as I lean on the counter to wait for his answer. He tilted his head a little looking confused. There he goes again being cute I thought to myself. Then mentally shook the thought away. He maybe my, mate, but I was in no position to fall in love, so I need to snap the hell out of it. "You did it again." He said, this time I looked at him confused "you called me bunny" he answers my unasked question, biting his lip. "You...you called me bunny a couple times now"

"oh? Did it? I did not even realize I did." Well shit I did not know I spoke that name out loud

"I...I like it..." Kong blushed his cheeks during a deep red as he bit his lip again looking down at the floor.

"Alright then, I'll call you bunny." I chuckled as I answer, "now bunny, what would you like to eat?"

"oh! Hmm...anything is fine...I can...I know how to cook; all the omegas were taught to cook at the orphanage" Kong said. I smiled at him; he was letting off a lot of nervous pheromones, I knew he was getting scared of what I might say.

"You don't have to cook" I looked at my watch, it was close to eight at night. "its already late and I know you are tried. How about we just order in tonight? Then if you feel up to it you can cook tomorrow?" I chuckled again "all I know is how to make ramen." And for the first time since meeting him, Kong gave me a genuine smile and giggle.

"It's okay P'Arthit, I can do the cooking. I actually love to cook, it relaxes me"

"Then, bunny be my guest and cook as you wish. For tonight, lets order out, what are you and the little one hungry for?" I ask, pulling my phone out of my back packet.

"I don't have any money, and we are not hungry, but thank you P"

"Kongpob, I didn't ask if you had money, I asked what you wanted to eat" I said looking at him, eyes flashing red.

"oh...hmm...could...could...we get waffles with strawberries? And chocolate chip, bacon, and eggs? Or sausage patties? With peanut butter and pickles? And nom yen?" he asked. His eyes going wide when he realizes how much food he orders. "oh, if not just then Pad Thai is fine." He quickly added. He looks so scared at the amount of food he just ordered, and possible that I will get made at him for it.

"my dear bunny, lets get you waffles with strawberries, chocolate chip, bacon, eggs sausage patties and everything else you ask for. I know just the place" I quickly scan though the app I normally order my food from finding the American style restaurant and putting in the order for both of us. "and its done! Now, how about we sit and talk, its going to take about forty minutes okay?" I open the refrigerator door, grabbed two bottles of pink milk, and walk towards to the couch. "come on bunny, sit down and relax for a little while." Kong watches me for a moment, before following me. He sits on the couch as far from me as possible, should I be offended, yes, am I? No, I know what he has been though, and I understand. "Now let's get to know each other, shall we? Let's play twenty-one questions. Have you ever played that before?" He shacks his head as he takes the bottle of pink milk from me. "Well, I ask a question, you answer if I you want. Then you ask me a question, and we go that way till we reach twenty-one questions."

"okay" he says gentle.

"Prefect! What is your favorite color?"