Chapter 4

Arthit POV

I am going to kill my mother. I thought as I sit across from a young woman in a small café for a breakfast date. It's been a week since I agree to have my mother set me up, and I am already regretting it. Through this young woman was extremely beautiful all she has done is giggle at almost everything I have said, even if it has not been funny. "So...Joy was your name correct? My mother said you were in your fourth year of college; can you tell me what you are majoring in?"

"Oh! Your mother is correct, I am in my fourth year. I am studying to be a chief" she says and gives me a big grin, and I just want to roll my eyes.

"That sounds wonderful so are you planning to open your own restaurant?"

"oh, dear heaven no that sounds like way too much work" she says and waves her hand, and now I am confused

"then what do you plan to do?" I ask with a tilt of my head.

"Cook for my husband of course!" she says and giggles, like it's the most obviously thing in the world. "I actually don't want to own my own restaurant. That would actually take time away from my future husband and family. I do however want to work, and I have been scouted by some of the top restaurants in Bangkok." She continuous. I nod as I listen to her talk. She has one of those high pitch voices and its really annoying. I actually feel sorry for her future husband and children. As she continues to talk, I zone out. I have meeting back-to-back today and I have to respond to the invite as a guest speaker at the university. After talking it over with my friends it might not be a bad idea to speak to the 4th years. He can actually only speak to one of them this month and then try and make room to speak to the other 4th  year next months. My phone ringing brings me out of my thoughts, and I send Joy an apologetic smile as I look at the caller id and stand up "I'm so sorry I have to take this" I say, and I step away from the table as I answer the phone "Bright I have never been so happy for your call." I say into the phone.

"aww did you miss me that much Oon?" Bright laughs on the other side and I roll my eyes.

"fuck no, the date is going horrible and you're saving me" I saw as I look at joy and frown a little pretending, I am upset our date is being interrupted "name it and I will buy it for you."

"And I will collect Thit, but I am calling to let you know that we have an interview set up for you for a personal assistant today. In half an hour."

"I am on my way" I saw and hang up. I walk back over to Joy "I am sorry Joy but there is an emergency at work, and I have to go. It was a pleasure having breakfast with you though. I will let my mother know when to set the next date up." I quickly grab my things and leave not waiting for a response. When hell freezes over will I see her again. I think to myself as I hope in my car and drive to my office.

I sit behind my desk and stare at the man in front of me. I want to call him a boy actually because that is what he looks like. He has a baby face and doesn't seem to be taller than 152 centimeters. They want me to hire a child?! I think to myself. I look back down at the resume in my hand. "Rome" Thanapat Pornprom, I read. I look up at him "Tell me about yourself Khun Pornprom" I say.

"Rome is just fine Khun Rojnapat. I am 23 years old and in my final year at Kasetsart University. I am majoring in business administration. I was the personal assistant to the CFO of Siam Polymner, from the age of 18 till recently when he passed away and the new CFO is not found of omegas. I am very hard working and a straight A student, the top of my year, and no sir I did not sleep my way there" he finishes with a sneer, and I take it this must not be the first time someone has made a comment about it. When I do not say anything, he seems to relax a little and continues. "My mother passed away recently and left me in charge of my twin brothers, they are both 4 years old and in preschool. My best friend and her mate help me watch them when I am not able to." He finishes. I nod. 

Siam Polymner is a very excellent company and one of our top competitors. If the young man lasted that long with the CFO, he must be a very hard worker. Still, I can't just hire him based on that alone. I think to myself. "alright this is what we will do. I will give you a one-week trial run. I will do this for everyone I interview. If you can keep up with me, then we will move forward. Since you are an omega, I will let you pick the best week that works for you. I am willing to work around your heat." I say and I notice he seems surprised, and I chuckle "one of my best friends is an omega, I know a thing or two about heats" and Rome chuckles and nods. I see him pull out his phone and I assume to check his calendar, then puts it away. "I am able and free all next week Khun" he says, I pull up my calendar and double check my schedule as well and nod. I stand up and hold out my hand "I will see you Monday morning at 8 am sharp Rome for your week trail"

"Thank you, Khun Rojnapat, you will not regret it" he said taken my hand shacking it, then leaving. I sit back down and close my eyes. I gut is telling me he will make a great personal assistant. He didn't have hearts in his eyes when he looked at me and didn't flirt with me either. One of the reasons I didn't want an omega was because of their flirtation ways. Not all omegas were like that, but I did not want to temp fate. Next week will be the real test to see if he can hold up. I thought to myself.