Chapter 32

Arthit POV

I look at Rome eyebrow raised as he stands in front of me. The young man seems nervous, and I don't have any idea why. Today was his first day back, after a two-week personal leave.

"You seem very nervous Rome, sit down." I say, it's not like him to be so nervous. The young omega looked like he had not slept a restful night in a while. His hair looked greasy, and his clothes were winkled, unlike his normally well put together self. Rome sat, more like slumped into the seat in front of my desk. "Tell me what the matter is Rome, and don't give me some bullshit about you being fine, clearly you are not." I spoke. I watch as Rome rubs his face before sighing deeply.

"I have to resign Mr. Rojnapat." He said looking down at his hands. My eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

"Why?" I could see that he was heisted, but I would not let him go without a fight. "Why Rome?"

"Mr. Rojnapat..." he says hesitation in his voice.

"You are the best assistant I have ever had; I'll be damn if I let you go without a clear understanding why. Is the pay not up to your standard? Are we not working around your studies? Do you need more time off?" I asked. Rome was the first assistant I had that I liked. He didn't try and flirt with me. He was excellent at his job, always knew what I needed, before I did. Rome looked at me, then at the door, then back at me. I looked at the door as well confused. The door was closed, and my office was soundproof, I raise an eyebrow looking back at him. Something wasn't sitting right with me. "Rome?" I saw lowing my voice. He closes his eyes, before taken a deep breath.

"It's nothing work related as to why I need to resign, its personal. Someone from my past has shown back up and causing trouble. I don't wish for it to affect my work, more than it already has." He speaks. I look at him. I don't want to press anymore, but damn it. I run my hands over my face thinking.

"I won't accept it, what I can do is allow you more time off till you deal with whatever it is your dealing with. With pay" I say after a moment of silence. Rome just looks at me, but I can see relief in his eyes. "Your brothers? Are they safe? Are you safe?" I ask.

"for the moment" he says looking down at his hands. Oh...well damn that doesn't sound good. The bad feeling, I was having is only getting worse.

"Rome..." We both turn around when my office door bust open. Bright stands there staring at us. "Bright is everything okay?" I ask standing up, his face is red, and his eyes are dilated.
"Mate" I hear from next to me quickly turning my head to look at Rome, who has now stood up.

"Mate" Bright said as he moves closer to us. I move around my desk quickly standing in front of Rome.

"Bright! Stop right there!" I yell at him. He looks at me eyes flashing green nose flaring as he exhales. "Now is not the time, take a deep breath." I say to my friend, eyes flashing red for a moment. Bright looks at me, he takes a deep breath, eyes turning back to their normal color. "Thank you." I move to the side "Bright, this is Rome he is my assistant, Rome, this is one of my best friends Bright" Bright smirk raising an eyebrow at the smaller man, causing Rome to blush. I shack my head going back to my sit. I watch as Bright and Rome stare at each other, getting lose in each other. I clear my throat smirking "You two can continue your staring contacts later. Rome, we are not done. Bright you are going to wait. Now Rome...as I said I will not accept your registration, but I will allow you to take more time off. How much time do you think you might need?"

"Resign?" Bright said, looking at Rome then back at me "he works here?! Why haven't I seen him here before?"

"Because you don't ever come here?" I say rolling my eyes. "You have been here a total of three times since he started months ago, and each time he has already left for the day, except this past weekend he was on leave." Bright turns his whole body towards Rome.