Chapter 19

**Double update! Sorry I know I said I would update every day while on vacation, but life got in the way lol**

Kong POV

My alpha is so strange. I thought to myself as I sit on the couch with him. We are both drinking nom yen and asking each other question. We are waiting for out dinner to arrive. I know P'Arthit wants to ask more personal questions, but he is holding himself back. We are playing twenty-one question, and he has asked me five questions so far. He has asked me my favorite color, book, subject in school, sport, and movie. To say he was shocked to know I have never seen a movie a day in my life would be an understatement. He started to talk about catching me up on all the best movies for the past thirty years. "Alright your turn. Ask me anything." He spoke. I was trying to think of questions, but I didn't know what to ask. "It can be anything from personal to work." He said and smiled at me. I bit my lip. There were a lot of thing I wanted to know but felt that it wasn't my place.

"How did you meet your friends?" I asked, I felt that was safe to ask.

"oh, I grew up with all of them! Knot father worked with mine, so we knew each other since diapers. Perm father once helped my father when he got a flat tired. Tutah mother and my mother were best of friends. Bright mother was my mother personal chef. We all have known each other since we were in diapers." He explained smiling the whole time he spoke. P'Arthit was a very handsome man, every time I see him smile my heart beats faster. "What about you how did you meet Aim Ming, and Yo?"

"Aim family came to the orphanage when I was 5, not to long after I got there. Ming, I meet the first day of school. I originally didn't want to be friend with anyone, but Ming wouldn't leave me alone. With Yo I met him the first day of seventh grade." I giggled biting my lip. Arthit laughed hard almost joking on his pink milk.

"I could see that. Ming is a loudmouth. I only met him the one time, but he seems like that type." He chuckled again wiping the tears off his cheek.

"I'm going to miss them" I said playing with my pink milk

"You go to the same school with them, right? why would you miss them?"

I gave a small smile before I answer "I don't want to bother them, now that they have their own mates. Plus, with the pregnancy, I don't want rumors to spread around."

"Kong, you shouldn't let what others say keep you from your friends. Let the rumor spread, you know the truth, and so do the people that matter to you." P'Arthit says. I look at him and I know he is right, but I am scared. "Is there more to it than that?" I stay quiet, I don't want to bug him with this. "bunny?" He touches my hand gentle. "Tell me."

"Park." I say quietly. I like my alpha hand on mine, it gives me comfort and helps me relax. I know I shouldn't get use to it. There will come a day where he will find a person he loves and I will be left without him, but I need that comfort right now. "He knows where I go to school. I don't want my friends to have to worry about me when I am away from them. I only have classes with them Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's mornings. Tuesdays, Thursday, and Friday afternoons I have my business classes. I think it would be best if I just, back away from them all together now. That way their mates won't be harm's way either." I look down at my lap as I finish. Its one of the reason I didn't want to move in here with him. I didn't want to put him in harms way either. In the hospital I could feel myself being drawn to my alpha, and I couldn't let that happen. I wouldn't be able to take it when he finally rejects me. P'Arthit is quiet, I wish I knew what he was thinking. The mood turned from fun and lively to depression and it was all my fault. This was just another reason my alpha deserved someone better. The ringing of the intercom makes me jump. P'Arthit explained that if you lived in the building, you get a key fob. This fob you had to scan first then put in a four-to-six-digit passcode, this opens the main door, you also had to swipe it to get on the elevator as well. To park in the garage, you need the same key fob and passcode. Unless you had a key fob to get into the building you had to be buzzed in, signed in with security and then security would buzzed you onto the elevator. Just knowing that there was so much security to get in put me at ease. It would make it less likely that Park would try and get me here. P'Arthit said a lot of well name people live in the building that is why there is so much security. "okay send him up" I heard my P say. "That is our food, I will go meet him at the elevator, okay? I'll be back soon" He smiled and walked out the front door. I went into the kitchen to get plates, forks, spoons, and knives, and two more bottles of pink milk, returning just as the front door open back up again. The food smelled amazing, and I was straving. "come and sit, lets finish our game." P'Arthit said placing the food on the dining room table, away from all my schoolwork. I blushed embrassed of leaving a messing and starting to clean up "just leave it for now bunny, come eat, I hear your stomach all the way over here" he chuckled just as my stomach chose the moment to growl loudly. I pouted but did as he asked, sitting down.

Dinner was enjoyable. We ate and talked more, keeping away from anything depressing. P asked what my dreams where and I told him I actually wanted to work in his company. I blushed when I said it but explained that I had done a paper on his company in high school, and it sounded like a wonderful place to work. Arthit beamed at hearing that, and told me when the time was right, I could apply, but he would not put in word for me. I need to earn it my own. I nodded, agreeing with him. I explained that I need an internship starting next semester and had already applied. I was waiting for a response. I told him the other places I applied for, such as Yo family business, and Mings as well. Places I knew treated their omega staff with respect. I had not told Yo or Ming about this, because I didn't want any favoritism shown to me. Arthit just nodded his head listening to everything I said. I could see how proud he was of me standing on my own in this regard. After we had our fill of dinner, and cleaned up, we sat back down on the couch facing each other. "Kongpob, I want to speak about something serious, okay? I want to speak about the baby you are caring." I went still at that. Was he going to reject me already? Was he going to tell me I could only stay till the baby was born? I tried to stay calm, I need to hear him out, so I just nodded my head. "I am going to claim this baby, or babies. They will carry my last name, or both our names if that is what you want." I looked at him shocked. "I will not care if the child is male or female, nor will I care if it's an alpha, beta, or omega. What I ask is that you wait till the child is older to tell the child the truth." Now I am even more shocked. Not only was he willing to claim the child, but he was willing to raise the child as his own, give it his last name, and he wanted to wait till the child was an adult to tell it the truth! Why? What does he want in return? I thought to myself. "You are my mate after all, and it's the responsible thing to do." He finishes. So that's why. I thought. Its not because he wanted to, but because he felt like he had to. I felt my stomach drop and everything I just ate, want to come back up. I wanted to cry.

"Thank you P'Arthit, but you don't have to do all that for us. You shouldn't be responsible for a child that isn't yours. After all, its not your fault you were dealt this hand." I stood up hand on my stomach rubbing it gentle "I would rather have someone raise my child with me that wants to. Not because they are doing it out of a sense of responsibility." I look at him for a moment before giving him a sadsmile "One day you will find the person you want to spend the rest of your lifewith, someone you will love. I wouldn't want to tie you down with a child thatwasn't yours and stop that from happening." I say, as I walk over to the dining table, gather my schoolwork, and rush towards my room. The moment I shut the door tears fall down my face. "Don't worry baby, even if nobody else loves you, I still will" I whisper to my belly, completely heart broken. He will never love me.

**Thank you for all the votes! 💜**