Chapter 3

Arthit POV

How the fuck did I get myself into this. I thought to myself as I stare down the invitation to be a guest speaker at Kasetsart University. I had graduated from there not to long ago, and now they wanted me to be a guest speaker. And not just in the engineering department no, but in the economics department too. As if I have the time for this bullshit. I place the invite down on my desk and look at my computer. I can't say no to it. I am a shareholder, and I am on the board, but my schedule is just to packed. "I don't even remember the last time I went to a board meeting" I said to myself, then shack my head, and get back to work. I am completely focused on work when my office door slams open, and my four best friends walk in. "ARTHIT" Bright says, and he comes over and sits in the seat in front of my desk. I glare at him. "is there a reason you barge into my office unannounced yelling my name like that?" I ask, Bright just smiles and shrugs his shoulders. I sigh and roll my eyes "what are you four doing here?" I ask, as I get back to reading the contract in my hand. There was a moment of silence when I look up and see my friends looking back at me "well?" I saw and raised an eyebrow. Knot is the one that breaks the silence. "Did you forget?" he asked, and I just looked at him, clearly, I forgot about whatever he is talking about. "of course, you forgot" Tutah said rolling his eyes "I know your busy being CEO and everything Thit but really now." I just keep looking at them. "your mom birthday party, we have to go shopping for your suit" Tutah said, and my eye go wide. I quickly pull up the calendar and there it is a reminder. I see my friends shack their heads. I click on the reminder and see there is an appointment for a suit fitting this afternoon. "well son of a bitch" I say and sigh. I see Bright grab the invite to be a guest speaker off my desk as I stand up. "you really need to get a new security Thit, you keep forgetting things that are not work related." Knot says, and I couldn't agree more. "why don't you don't speak to HR for me and have them put out an ad?" I say as I start to collect my things, the appointment is in less than an hour. "I need someone how has years of experience, would prefer another alpha but a beta would do, NO omegas" I say then get hit in the back of the head by Tutah "Hey! I didn't mean anything wrong by that and you know it! I just can't have someone missing a week of work every month that's all" I saw as I rub my head. He just rolls his eyes at me and crosses his arms "oh fine, fine, you win" I say. "come on let's go before we are late; you know how I hate to be late" I saw as I head for my office door.

"Says the one how forgot" Perm says following behind along with the other three.

"Shut up Perm" I say and lock my office door after everyone walks out.

"Remind me again why I am here" I mumble to myself as I stand in the middle of the room with a glass of wine. Its my mother birthday party and of course being my mother, it turned into a huge affair. My mother, Achara Rojnapat was never one to do anything on the small side. The only thing she did small was my fathers funeral. Only myself, my friends, my grandfather, and of course my mother was there. Nobody else was allowed to attend. Due to that, here I am standing in the middle of a ball room for her 60th birthday party. "because you love your mother that is why" I hear her speak next to me. I look and there is the woman of the hour. My mother, as beautiful as ever. I look at her up and down, and she is wearing a stunning emerald, green floor length dress, it matched well with her eyes. It was also my father favorite color. "truer words have never been spoken" I say then chuckle as I hug her gently "happy birthday mom" I say as I pull away and kiss her cheek gentle. "you look beautiful as ever, how many men do I have to beat off with a stick tonight?" I ask with a raise eyebrow. My mother just laughs at my question and waves her hand in the air, and I know she is going to ingore the question. Ever since my father passed away, my mother has been single. My mother is an omega, and my father was her alpha, there will never be anyone else for my mother. They had a love; song is written about. Something I once wished I had. "Did you bring a date tonight my dear boy? Or are you alone again?" my mother asks, and I just sighed. She asks this every single time.

"you know I don't date mom" I say.

"Oon, you have to get over what happen, not everyone is going to be like that bitch" she says. "You will find your mate son I promise but only if you go out there and look" she continuous as she rubs my arms gentle.

"Mom I am too busy to date, hell I am too busy to look right now, okay?"

"how about I set you up with some really nice young men and women huh?" she asked and I just sigh, I know my mother as my well-being in mine, but I really just do not have the time. I look up at the ceiling for a moment thinking about it. I know my mother want to have grand children one day, and she is worried I will die alone. I sigh again then look at her "okay let's make a deal. You can set me up with 5 people, okay? BUT if I do not hit it off with any of them you have to back off for a year understand?" I ask her and I can see her eyes go bright with excitement, as she nods her head. "one other thing. I will NOT have dinner with any of them. I will either have breakfast or lunch, but not dinner. Dinner will make them think of other things understand mother?"

"Yes, Oon I understand" she says, and giggle and I already know I am in for it. Lord what have I gotten myself into.