Chapter 8

Kong POV

Just breath Kong everything will be okay, this will be over soon. I think to myself as I sit in a large lecture hall in the very last row, in the first sit closest to the door. Every single engineering student is here today. We will be listening to a guest speaker, Arthit Rojnapat, some famous big shot, in the business world. The entire student body went crazy when the school announced he would be coming today. The teachers announced they would be canceling classes, for the day, but we were all still expected to come. A sign-up sheet for each year was outside the door, and each student had to be signed in. If a student didn't show up it would count against their grade. I couldn't afford that. Just breath, everything is okay, I kept telling myself. Large crowds of people make me nervous, there is a larger risk of being touched accidentally. As I start to zone out, I feel like someone is watching me, and I hate that feeling. I clutch my bag closer to my check and sink more into my chair, trying to make myself as small as possible. I look around the room and make eye contact with Aim. He is sitting further down in the middle with Ming next to him. I watch as he elbows Ming and nod my direction, Ming looks towards me. They both look pissed. I quickly look away, sinking down more. I haven't spoken to them, since I finally confused to what happen to me, and they walked out.

Flashback

There was a knock on the door as I sit on my bed. Aim kneels in front of me, and Ming is standing by my balcony door. They both want me to talk, to tell them what happen, and I am not ready for that. When a second knock happens, Aim stands up to answer it and in walks two men. I remember P'Beam, but the other man I didn't know. The smaller man walks over to Ming, kind of like in a trance. I hear Ming say "Mate" and I knew that I had lost my best friend. Before anything could happen between the two, I watch as P'Beam grabs the smaller mans arm and drags him over to stand in front of me. "N'Kongpob, this is my friend Kit, and Phana. They are med students too, and my best friends." When P'Beam address me, I turn and see him holding onto the arm of the smaller man, who keeps looking at Ming. Aim has moved next to Ming and is holding his arm. Aim is stronger than he looks but he wouldn't be able to hold Ming if Ming really wanted to break free. "I told them a little about what happen, and my thoughts and they came to talk to you about my findings" he continuous and that catches my attention. What is he talking about? He can't possibly know, I thought to myself. He drags Kit over in front of me and they both sit on the floor. "I want you to be honest with us, okay? Nobody here is going to judge you." He reaches out to touch me and I quickly back away. That seems to snap Kit out of the daze he is in, as he finally looks at me. The taller of the three, sits on the bed next to me but doesn't touch me. I look at all three of them and I can see it. The looks in their eyes. The sympathy, the sadness. They know...oh god they know. I close my eyes and rock back and forth. If they know then Ming, Aim and Yo know. "N'Kongpob its going to be okay" I hear a soft gentle voice say. It's a new voice so its either Kit or Phana, they are wrong it's not going to be okay. I hear Parks voice in my head "nobody will ever want you; you are nothing but a disgusting slut of an omega, spreading your legs for any man, even those "friend" of your will leave you.". I feel the tears falling down my cheeks as I keep rocking back and forth. I feel a hand touch my knee and I quickly snap my eyes open slapping the hand away. "Nong its going to be alright, nobody in this room will hurt you. All we want to do is help you. Please just tell us the truth, okay?" Kit says, his voice gentle and kind, his eyes showing sadness and empathy. I shack my head. I don't want to tell them, but I know they will not let up till I do. I look back at Ming and Aim then at P'Phana, P'Kit and P'Beam. I take a deep breath and with all the courage I have, and in the strongest voice I could muster I finally speak the truth I have been holding in for the last 6 years. "I have been sexually abused since I was 13. I have been beat since I was 5." After those words left my mouth, the whole room went silent. Ming went on a rampage, yelling at me, asking me how I could possibly keep this from him. Didn't I trust him enough with the truth? They would have gotten me out of there if I just told them everything. Then just as quickly as his rage started, it stopped. He took one look at me and walked out slamming the door behind him. Aim just looked at me with tear in his eyes and walked out after Ming shortly after, not saying one word. P'Kit quickly followed yelling for Ming. P'Phana just shook his head, rather it was at me or at them I wasn't sure, as he remained silent. P'Beam stood up and held out his cell phone. "Put your number in my phone. If you ever need anyone to talk to, about anything at all, you can always reach out to me, Kit and Pha okay?"

"I don't have a phone" I saw softly which wasn't a total lie. I would have to quite my job since Park knew where I worked, that means I wouldn't be able to pay my phone bill.

"Then email me, you can also stop by the med canteen anytime as well, okay? I also live with Forth about 5 days per week, so you can find me there too. I can give you my dorm number if you want to stop by there."

"okay" I say, I don't want to fight. I want to curl in a ball and cry. I watch him walk to my desk and write something down, then head to the door, before he leaves, he turns to me

"Give your friends time, okay? They are not mad at you per say just mad you kept this from them." Then he left, closing the door behind him gentle.

Flashback ends

I had cried all night after P'Beam left. When I went to my classes the next day, I made sure to sit as far away from Ming and Aim as I could. I didn't want them to feel pressured to talk to me. I went to the library after my last class, I finished my part of our group project and emailed it to them both. I am pulled out of my thoughts when a hand touches me, and I nearly jump out of my seat. I hold my bag tight to my chest and look to see P'Forth sitting next to me, and I realize that the five seats behind him are empty. "Beam told me to watch out for you. That you don't like cowards. So, I had the student sitting next to you move." He whispers to me. I slump my shoulder, shacking a little. How many people did P'Beam tell?!" I can feel myself start to get upset, but it just quickly dies down. Who am I kidding even if I wanted to confront him, I am too much of a coward. I just nod my head and burry it in my bag. I feel movement next to me, but I don't bother to look. I realize that while I was zoned out, the president of the school had started to talk, and five men walked out to the middle of the stage. They stood almost with one man in the middle and the other four a foot behind him two on each side. My eyes are drawn to the man in the middle, like something was pulling me to him. He was handsome and cute. His skin was pale, he has brownish hair and from what I could tell hazel or green eyes. As I was staring at him, he looked directly at me. Our eyes locked. There was something cold about his eyes, that made my stomach do flips. Something dominating, that made me not want to look away. I took a deep breath, and I could smell something faint, something sweet, and spicy at the same time. My omega was whimpering, almost begging to get closer, but my body was frozen. I heard the president say the man's name, and he broke eye contact, to look at the president. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding as I sank down in my chair, almost sliding onto the floor. One word kept repeating in my mind Mate.