99: Heir

L/n fixed her cravat better as he sat on the carriage opposite from his two children.

Soon enough, they arrived at the party.

Close to late evening.

L/n got out, followed by Katarina who stopped for a moment to help v/n out the carriage with a hand after.

"When the time comes to greet the royal family, you must bow down just like me, do you understand that?" He scoffed, leading the way, walking beside the two.

"Of course.." Katarina nodded.

V/n and l/n eyed her, they were waiting for something.

"Of course, Father." Katarina rephrased it to their liking.

L/n huffed nodding her off with that.

V/n chuckled, 'How cute...'

When they got to the front doors and were introduced to the nobles present before them.

Everyone had their eyes directly on the rumored adopted heir. It had been whispered everywhere that the Grand Duke had decided to find one of his former concubines when he was still younger than now to take a child inside.

Seth.. that was the name given for Katarina to use as a substitute for her real name to avoid worse rumors about her.

She was the Grand Duke's son and heir to his title. Unfortunately, the men trying to attract the only Lady of the House will be regarded as useless now that a son had appeared.

Their gateway to figuring out the truth of their immortality as such will now be undiscovered even by the royal family itself.

"I greet his Highness King k/n, Highness Queen q/n, her Highness Princess p/n, and his Highness Prince Cc/n." L/n said, bowing with Katarina following as v/n curtsied.

The king chuckled, "You may stand."

He eyed Katarina, 'He really got himself a son after scouring my kingdom, huh... And here I thought I was successful in getting rid of everyone that had even the slightest of blood from him.'

He leaned back, "Hmm... You must be Seth, the Grand Duke's son?"

Katarina nodded, "Yes, your Highness.."

"It'd seem the Grand Duke had somehow found one of his last of the few children that's been hiding from him." He joked.

The nobles around present had laughed hearing such a joke. How could they not be in the presence of the royal family even?

"How old are you this year, Seth?" He asked.

"I am currently fifteen this year, your Highness." Katarina answered.

"Ahh... What bad luck," the king frowned hearing the answer, "And here I thought you might be a good candidate to have the princess marry off of you."

The princess blushed slightly, avoiding everyone's gazes, 'Father, that's embarrassing to hear..!'

'I'd rather not get a woman married off to me...' Katarina hummed.

V/n eyed her from the side, 'I wonder what she's thinking about in such a situation she's in..'

"I won't benefit from marrying my son off to Lady v/n either.." the King laughed, huffing, and he dismissed them to let them finally enjoy the party for the night.