15: Perching

Y/n filled her part and was now stuck sitting on Katarina's lap, she was asleep on her shoulder again with her arms wrapped around her.

She did say she can 'continue' hugging her tomorrow after classes, she aced the quiz, she didn't fail it so there was that for her, she sighed sitting there.

She looked over her shoulder to see Katarina's face, she was sleeping peacefully, looking closer, 'The unnoticeable bags under her eyes are even less visible now..'

She reached over to caress her face.

'How well does she even sleep at night?' she lowered her hand back down.

Sitting still, she looked around her, isolated spot again, this time it was in the library hidden somewhere in the forest.

It's rarely used so it was empty, it was a surprise that the door was unlocked.

She opened the book in her lap and read through it, it was a storybook, a fictional romance novel about a weak noble Master and a strong head Lady.

She flipped through the first page to begin reading.

...

"We failed." That's what Sophia said in their meeting about Katarina.

"What..?" Gerald blinked.

Maria looked at Sophia who sighed, and then smiled back to everyone explaining, "While we were following Lady Katarina, she suddenly ran turning a corner so we hurried to see why she suddenly ran but she disappeared when we followed after."

"So you somehow lost track of her the moment she turned a corner?" Keith summarized.

Sophia and Maria nodded.

Gerald hummed, "Wait.. her actions wouldn't make sense."

"You're right," Mary nodded, saying, "If she suddenly did... Well, it means she knew she was being followed then."

That sparked a theory in everyone present as Keith said, "If that's the case then she's hiding something from us. And it's obvious it's not something she wants us to know."

"Could it be.." Alan hummed.

"She has a secret lover." Nicole joked.

"What!?!??!??" Though everyone took that seriously.

"I'm joking." But he cleared the misunderstanding quickly with everyone relieving a sigh but that joke went a little too far.

"So... Let's just say that's the 'case'." Keith frowned even just trying to theorize that wasn't to his liking, as he continued, "My sister has been meeting someone who also happens to wear perfume, which means this person has been getting too physically dangerously close to her."

Everyone frowned upon hearing that, someone has been getting close to her.

They barely sent Raphael and Sora into the ministry and away from Katarina as much as possible considering what had happened the last time they were near her, this was too risky, even for someone as dense as Katarina.

"Shouldn't we just ask her upfront instead??" Alan suggested, even though he wasn't sure why it was being discussed, he was sure some people needed some alone time as well.

"No," Gerald shook his head, "It's obvious that she's keeping this a secret from us so the only way we can find out why she's disappearing every after every class is to stick like glue to her."

...

"What..!? What do you mean you'll be returning home for three days..?!" Katarina shot up from the news y/n gave her after she just woke up from her nap.

"I'm sorry, my Mother sent the letter last night so I couldn't tell you beforehand," Y/n said, sounding as apologetic as she could with Katarina pouting, "Fine, but come back quickly...."

"I will, I will..! I promise, so could you please let go of me, Lady Katarina?" Y/n has been struggling for the last minute trying to get off of her lap.