43: Catnap

Anne walked over to check, humming, she reached a hand over to wake the two, it was of course, already dinner time by now.

"Excuse me..?" She called.

Trying to wake the two ladies.

Katarina didn't budge whilst y/n grumbled awake, "H-Huh?"

Y/n looked over and saw a face, Anne's face, she perked up, "Oh!"

She smiled meekly, greeting the maid, before saying, "Please, don't misunderstand."

She gestured between her and Katarina resting in the bed.

Anne nodded, 'Even if I do misunderstand, if one of Lady Katarina's friends catches wind of this you'd be done for..'

Well, this was worth close to a blackmail item.

Katarina was really sound asleep, wasn't she? It made it seem like she hadn't slept in days.

"Lady Katarina.." y/n began nudging her awake, saying, "Lady Katarina, it's time to wake up."

"Hmm..." Katarina woke up, somehow, she nestled her head closer to her, her words dragging under such a heavy toned voice, asking, "What is it, y/n..?"

Y/n raised a hand and pulled a lock of Katarina's hair over the ear, "It's almost dinner and you should wake up now. Uhm--your maid is also here for you."

"I don't care." Katarina pulled her a tad closer when she tried to get up, fingers curling as the alluring scent turned clearer when she neared her.

"L-Lady Katarina..!?" Y/n chirped, face turning a tad red for a blush over her panicking inner thoughts, 'Now is not the time! Somebody else is in here other than us right now!!'

"Please, get up," she tried making up an excuse for her to understand, "You can't skip dinner either..!"

Katarina pretended to be asleep.

"Lady Katarina.." y/n still insisted nudging her back awake.

'Seriously, this girl.' Anne huffed, "Lady Katarina, Master Keith is waiting for you."

Katarina's eyes perked up awake, open, she clicked her tongue, brows furrowed, 'How annoying..'

"So can you please let go, Lady Katarina?" Y/n asked.

As much as Katarina wanted to stay in bed sleeping beside her, she reluctantly followed her words and pulled her arms away which fell heavy onto the bed thereafter.

Y/n got off of the bed to put her shoes back on before excusing herself for the late evening.

Katarina looked straight ahead to the ceiling, she felt rather disgruntled, 'I don't even feel like I have the appetite to eat dinner tonight...'

...

"Is the food not to your liking, Sister?" Keith felt perplexed by this situation after noticing his Sister barely touching her food.

She doesn't decline food, even if it's commoners' food too, rarely even, she'd get nagged for picking up anything that fell onto the ground whenever she'd forget she isn't supposed to eat anything that fell to the ground.

Which, on occasion, Keith couldn't help but laugh about even though it worries him that she ate food that fell a few seconds to the ground.

But right now, it wasn't funny.

'I wonder what y/n is doing right now.' Katarina hummed, in wonder of something before calling his attention straight to her, "Hey, Keith."

"What is it, sister?" Keith smiled.

His Sister got up from her seat which confused him.

"Don't call for me to eat dinner together next time, please," Katarina said before leaving the room.

Keith was bewildered, his expression grim and complexion pale as he gulped, looking down onto the table with disturbed consciousness, 'W-What?'

He was left on his own.

'Did I do something wrong..?'

He must've done something wrong somehow, Katarina looked fine but there was a hint of tangled hatred in her tone when she said that to him.