26: Desirous

Y/n smiled meekly, she woke up due to a bear hugging her tight on the bed.

Katarina snuck into her room in the middle of the night.

"L-Lady Katarina..?" She tried to wake herself up to confront this situation.

Katarina leaned in closer to her.

Y/n was too tired to even bother to get her off, asking, "What are you doing in my room..?"

'I forgot to lock my door..' she yawned a little.

"Did you have fun with them?"

She blinked, mumbling, "Eh..? Who?"

"Maria and Sophia.." Katarina averted her gaze in the dark.

Y/n's eyes widened, she was fully awake now.

'Is she jealous?' she tried to shift around her bed to sit upright.

Though Katarina pulled her back down to her side, the embrace wasn't discomforting so she didn't resist in the slightest.

"Lady Katarina, are you perhaps jealous?" She asked, though, that was a stretch and a weird one to ask at that, she was groggy, 'There's no way she's jealous, what kind of question did I even ask..'

"Yes, I was."

She was woken up by that simple answer, "Ehh..!?!?"

Though she still kept her voice quiet.

"I was very jealous that they got close to you like that," Katarina admitted to it without hesitation, so blunt, "I don't like it...."

Y/n blushed in the deepest shade of red, luckily, it was dark in the room so it hid well.

She was glad it was dark in her room.

"I'm sorry..??" She muttered, "I didn't mean to make you jealous but.. it's a work project so it can't be helped if we become acquainted as friends."

Katarina frowned, 'Then you'll be charmed by the heroine and leave me!'

"I know that." She muttered.

Y/n reached a hand to her with a smile and caressed her head, "Okay, so please don't be too jealous whenever I make new friends. You're the one I.."

Katarina looked up at her, all she can see is her silhouette though, "I'm what to you?"

Y/n looked away, 'I can't confess too quickly, she might find it weird.'

"You're my.. dearest person." She rephrased the sentence she was gonna say.

"I see.." Katarina shut her eyes, wanting to get some rest.

She found herself unable to sleep in her room alone when the pain began and she woke up gasping in a cold sweat, she had one thought in mind and that was to go to y/n's room, she was told it'd always be open for her and that as soon as she enters, she should lock it behind her.

"No," y/n sighed nudging her back awake, "You can't sleep here.. please, go back to your room, I'd be in big trouble if anybody sees you in my room."

"I don't want to." Katarina shoved her face into the crook of her neck.

Y/n smiled meekly, gently running her fingertips down Katarina's hair, saying, "Even if you don't want to, you still have to, Lady Katarina, so please.. go back to your dorm room before you get caught in my room, okay? You can continue this tomorrow..??"

Katarina frowned huffing, she gave in.

"Fine....."