69: Peril

Katarina locked herself in her dorm.

"Lady Katarina?" Anne had been knocking and calling her name to see if she was alright.

Nicole stood there beside her, he was just as confused as she was.

After a while, Anne began to suspect that Nicole must've done something to upset Katarina.

It was unbelievable to think but the possibility somehow came to her since Katarina came back with him alone together.

She didn't come to this conclusion towards him to find blame.

...

"What's wrong, Lady f/n..?" Y/n raised a brow staring at her friend.

F/n smiled meekly, and muttered, "Well... To be precise I'm not the one feeling something is wrong."

"Huh?" That confused y/n.

F/n shut her book with a quirky smile to whisper to her, "Your little cuddly fuzzy big bear got provoked, so now she locked herself up in her room. And she seemed sad."

"What!?" Y/n shot up from her seat with the librarian hushing her when she yelled like that.

She apologized for doing that, sitting back down to ask her dearest friend, "What do you mean by that..?"

F/n shrugged, "I'm just saying, she seemed very sad to the point of locking herself up in her dorm. She must've taken her maid's extra key too for her to be locked in there by herself."

'Should I go check up on her..?' y/n wondered, before the thought of that time when Katarina had a fever struck her, 'No, no, her.. fiance is already weary of me because of how close I can get to her without permission from any party.'

She sighed, 'I want to see if Lady Katarina is alright though..'

"Aren't you going to see if she's alright?"

"Huh..?!" Y/n perked up, 'How did she read my mind..?'

F/n smiled patting y/n on her shoulder, "I tried consoling her myself when she got angry, but it didn't work out."

"Ah." Y/n understood why that didn't work out for her friend here, "I'm not sure I should go though.. her fiance is oddly weary of me and he tends to give me this threatening smile whenever I see him."

F/n chuckled meekly, 'I can tell.'

"I know but." She looked at a visible corner of the library.

"I think you should still go.. I think she's being devoured by that thing." She said.

Y/n squinted her eyes, confused, what did she mean?

Before realization struck her.

'Oh, no..!' she got up from her seat without hesitation and ran out of there as if her life depended on it.

Perhaps it did even, she promised Katarina that she'd help her when she's loses her mind.

She promised something so important, breaking it on accident would be the same as ruining a perfectly good pizza by slicing it wrong.

...

"What is this..?!" Gerald had managed to break the door down with Alan and the others before he, Maria, Anne, and Nicole could get over there.

When Maria yelled on about odd dark mist suddenly coming out of nowhere everywhere in the hallway with Gerald on the way to Katarina.

They went into panic rushing over there to barge inside Katarina's room in an emergency.