93: Fugue

The seamster offered a suit in blue.

'Anne liked my dress being blue...' she took it and shut the door behind her.

"Please, call for me if you require any assistance, Young Duke..!" The seamster stood outside in wait for her word.

...

Katarina stared at the suit in the body mirror in front of her, she frowned before quickly shaking her mind clear.

'I have to forget them... They..' she stared, eyes wide in realization, 'Why would they care about me? I'm a villainess no matter what, even if I disappear, nobody will remember me.'

She clicked her tongue, 'Why does that frustrate me so much..!?'

"Can I even come back without losing myself while I'm here..?" Slowly, she leaned back on a wall, sulking to the floor down with a sigh, she pulled her legs close, hugging herself into a ball with the suit now draping off of her hold.

'I was born a villainess... And even if I try to change my route to not get killed nor exiled, I still disappeared like so and cannot return until I've controlled this.. dark magic to avoid casualties.'

...

The seamstress and her assistant bid farewell and expressed their gratitude for v/n visiting them.

V/n walked across the street to get to the haberdashery.

Her servant came rushing to her the moment she was spotted, "Master.. we have a problem."

V/n arched a brow.

"Problem?" She said, 'Is it concerning Lady Katarina? Did the seamster find out she's a woman?'

"The Young Duke hasn't come out of the dressing room since an hour ago." The servant whispered.

'Ahh... How smart of this servant to know they can't just bust inside a room even if their Master doesn't answer.' v/n smiled, snapping her fingers, "It's alright, stop with the concerns. I'll go talk to my dearest little brother."

'The Grand Duke's daughter..!?' The seamster made way while bowing for her when he saw her.

V/n knocked on the door and called out, "Little brother?"

'Are they really related..? Perhaps they're making it officially known in a royal party hosted by either the King or Queen tonight then.' the seamster kept his head down.

'It'd seem she didn't lock the door though,' V/n stood in wait for a few seconds before opening the door to walk inside, she shut it behind her locked.

When she got inside, she saw Katarina hunched down leaning on a wall while hugging herself.

She smiled, "What seems to be the problem? Do you not like wearing men's clothes? It's unfortunate, but you have to."

Katarina looked up at her, "It.. it isn't that... I'm fine wearing men's clothes necessary to staying here."

'Oh? So what's bothering her then?' v/n sat down on one of the couches, asking, "Then... What seems to be the problem that's not allowing you to change right now?"

Katarina ruffled her hair a little, 'I don't want to remember.'

"I want to forget." She said.

V/n arched a brow, "Forget what? Did something embarrassing happen while you were here?"

"No, nothing of the sort..." Katarina huffed.