59: Ailing

Katarina left the door unlocked for Anne in the morning for her.

Though.

"Hahh.." She fell sick on the bed for some reason after last night when she knocked herself out unconscious by the desk from the countless hour of suffering.

"Uuhh..."

Anne kept an eye on her after the infirmary doctors confirmed it to be a fever and suggested she doesn't get 'Too stressed', and that she should 'Get more rest'.

Hilarious, right?

Katarina's friends all went to check up on her when they caught wind of such news.

Honestly, they felt a little guilty about yesterday when they set up a little surprise party for her that she never attended only to realize she was feeling unnoticeably sickly yesterday but the principal suddenly called all of them for something else, thus, leaving Anne with Katarina for now.

And yet Katarina seemed crabby.

Very crabby.

"I'm not hungry."

Anne frowned, "But, Lady Katarina, you must have even just a bit. You didn't have dinner nor breakfast."

She seemed stern about it as well.

Katarina groaned, raising a hand trying to swat her away, "I'm fine."

"Urghh.." she winced, holding her head up in one hand, furrowed brows, and grit teeth, 'Damn headache... Why a fever of all times???'

"Lady Katarina, please.." Anne urged her for it, a spoon full near her.

Katarina popped a nerve, "I said I don't need it!!!"

Clatter?!

Anne was shocked, Katarina managed to strike the bowl of soup out of her hand and onto the floor.

"Aarghh--!" Katarina held her head down with both hands, "Uugh..!"

"Lady Katarina..?!" Anne didn't care about what she suddenly did, she had to get the doctors back over to the dorm.

Katarina seemed to be in a lot of pain.

"Hang on! I'll call the doctors right away!"

Katarina hissed hearing that, 'I don't.. need them, those... Those useless people..!!'

...

"What!? Lady Katarina is si--" Y/n gasped only for f/n to cover her mouth with a hand.

"Quiet down, I only heard it from Miss Anne and a few of the doctors in the academy.. I wasn't eavesdropping, I just happened to pass by them." F/n whispered after covering her friend's mouth.

"If you wanna sneak over to see her," she hummed, "I'll help with the price if you'll help me with my studies next week, promise on that."

Y/n bit her tongue back in the thought of that, if she takes it, she'll have to make sure she remembers to have a study session with her friend to help her get passing grades like her.

And if she doesn't, she can still visit Katarina at a later time.

'Oh! But I'm so worried!!' she took the first one, "O-Okay..! But you have to make sure you bring your books with you!"

"Deal." F/n reached an open hand for her to shake and seal the deal with.

Y/n shook her hand in agreement.

After that, f/n made the excuse that y/n had to do something very important that she just couldn't pass up and had to be done before it could ruin his career as a teaching professor.

What a lie, and she knew it'd work considering the said professor was known to be a little gullible.