36: Articulate

In her morning classes, Katarina sighed looking down at her papers.

Sophia and Mary perked up hearing this.

"Is something wrong, Lady Katarina..?" Sophia asked.

"Yeah, Lady Katarina, you look seemingly down," Maria added.

Katarina smiled to assure the two of them she was fine, "I'm alright, I'm just maybe a little tired..?"

She didn't sleep all too well yesterday night, it's quite dreadful for her.

"You should sleep a lot earlier, Lady Katarina." Sophia nagged her a little out of concern.

Katarina does sleep as early as possible though, but the pain immediately reacts to the moon slowly rising and begins the cycle of aggravation agony.

"I know, I know.." so she brushed it off for Sophia.

Mary hummed, shaking her head clear of too much concern, 'Lady Katarina might try to evade going to the infirmary even if I tell the teacher.'

Katarina looked back at the board, the professor was teaching still.

"Why are you so alone?"

She flinched, looking around her, someone spoke in her ears but the voice sounded up close with so much echo and vibration.

But nobody spoke though.

...

Katarina winced, holding her head down, frowning, "Ughh.."

"What's wrong, Katarina?" Gerald worried seeing this just like everyone else.

"Uhm... Just the usual headaches, don't worry." Katarina assured them she was fine.

"Are you sure, Sister? Maybe we should take you to the infirmary just in case, you've been sleeping well and not stressing yourself out, right?" Keith said.

Again, Katarina assured them she was fine.

She was fine, right?

"You're alone."

She flinched, she looked paranoid when she looked around her.

She felt around her left ear, it wasn't clogged by anything but who spoke like that?

Their voice was full of echo, honestly, it sounded like it even came from her own head.

"Lady Katarina, what's wrong?" Mary put a hand on her shoulder.

"You'll be alone, and she'll leave us again! It's a cycle! She'll leave us!"

Katarina growled, clenched teeth as she furrowed her brows, she held her head down.

Her friends panicked.

Without a second thought, they all agreed on one thing, and that was to quickly get her to the infirmary for help.

Skipping the last of their morning classes would be found if they use this as an excuse for the principal and professors.

...

Unfortunately, they still had to get back to their classes and let the doctor take care of Katarina.

They can come back here at lunch.

...

"Lady y/n."

Y/n perked up, glancing over to f/n, she said, "What is it, Lady f/n?"

F/n frowned and gestured for her to lean in a bit closer.

She whispered it to y/n.

Y/n gasped, yelling in a whisper, "She's in the infirmary all of a sudden..!?"

F/n rolled her eyes, glancing back over to the teaching professor as she whispered, "Do you want me to help you skip this lecture?"

Y/n frowned, she shook her head, "No, it's.. it's okay, I'll wait until lunch."

"Are you sure..? You know I can just help you skip this one if you want to.." f/n hummed.

Y/n shook her head, she felt clear about her decision.