30: Herald

Under a tree, y/n read through a book.

Katarina, however, forgot she needed to tend to her field so she got to it.

She asked y/n to stay under the tree nearest so she could hurry over to her when she was done, Y/n obliged, considering how Katarina looked rather grim after realizing she needed to check on her field.

...

Y/n looked up from her book, she was on her seventh romance novel right about now, she gazed at Katarina who was busy from afar.

She was in her gardening clothes, all green, and in brown boots, she had a towel on her shoulder, sweat pouring from her face, she looked very busy.

She blushed, 'She looks so cool..'

She looked back down at her book to continue reading.

...

After a while, she had fallen asleep and leaned back against the tree, an open novel on her lap, it was her fifteenth book.

'So vulnerable and fragile...' Katarina crouched in front of her, reaching a hand over, she paused, she almost forgot how rough her hands were from calluses with the sword and farming.

The darkness was growing on her, it was unfortunate, it'd seemed that being near her said cure was making it worse and it hasn't even been that long either.

"Hmm.." still, she reached over and pulled the strands of hair that was over y/n's face and put it over her ear.

'Beautiful.' she rested her face on one hand watching her sleep.

"You're mine.." she hummed, sitting down beside her, 'Forever.. and ever.'

She leaned slightly on the tree and after just a while, she fell asleep beside her.

...

The first thing that woke y/n up was breathing near her, she rubbed an eye awake to look and froze, trying not to move in the slightest, her eyes were met with Katarina's face up close.

She was asleep, napping.

She huffed, looking down, she had fallen asleep reading halfway through her book.

She shut the novel and set it aside before trying to get up.

"Where are you going?"

She was grabbed by the wrist and sat back down.

"Oh!" That surprised y/n, "Lady Katarina, I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

Katarina stared at her, before huffing and shutting her eyes back, still holding y/n by the wrist.

Y/n sat still, sitting in place, she blinked, she was just gonna return the books and come back quickly, the librarian was going somewhere today so she had to meet up with them before they go.

"Lady Katarina." She tried to wake her up, "Lady Katarina, could you let go of me for a second? I promise I won't go too far, I just need to return these books first to the library."

Well, it was mostly the librarian who recommended those romance novels in secret.

Katarina opened an eye to look at her, she reluctantly agreed, taking her hold off of her as she looked away with crossed arms, "Fine."

Y/n smiled, reaching over, she patted her head, "I'll be back, I promise. So you should continue with your nap and wait for me."

Katarina frowned, "Promise?"

"I.." y/n blushed a little, that was cute, "I--I promise, Lady Katarina..."