1: Curse

Katarina shut the door behind her.

Her bedroom, it's the only place she can hide her situation.

After hitting her head from tripping over a rock, and then getting sick for a few days while earning a scar from its aftermath.

Her problems began after she got accidentally engaged to Gerald.

"Eughh.." she gasped, on her knees, she held her head down with both hands trembling, she didn't know that this was part of the game.

She's never seen the villainess be like this even in the game, laying on her side on the floor sighing.

She'd be scolded for doing this but she felt weak right now when suddenly, the sound of the handle being turned made her sit up.

"Lady Katarina? Are you in there?"

It was Anne.

"Yeah?" She called back fast, wincing quietly under her breath when a headache mocked her to keep still on the floor.

"May I ask why the door is locked?" Anne said.

"Uhh.." Katarina looked around her, "I'm trying to come up with what surprise to give my mother on her birthday! It's a secret..!"

Anne perked up, 'On the Duchess's birthday? I see..'

Keith hushed her.

Anne nodded, she understood what he meant.

Katarina grit her teeth shut from wanting to scream.

This pain surged everywhere in her body, head to toe. It was like being in an open oven, the temperature high as needles tried to prick her everywhere just like a bad fever, even breathing made it a little hard for her to do whenever this happened.

Soon enough, everything subsided and she was able to breathe again. Gasping for air, she curled into a ball, holding herself close.

This pain was always shocking and no matter how she bought it up, it was seen as something close to a lie as her mother would put it all because five different doctors found no problem with her at all but considering how she bought it up on the table once, she's afraid of being seen as a brat.

'Okay.. let's say the Villainess had this but must've somehow cured it, so how did she cure it exactly??'

She lay on the floor grumbling to herself, she was bothered by this.

Of course, she's bothered.

"Think, Katarina.. think..!" She squeezed her eyes shut trying to recall anything before a flood of memories finally answered her.

She gasped sitting up on the floor.

'That's right! That one character that's the heroine's best friend if you unlock the hard mode!' she felt scatterbrained as she rushed to her feet, running over to her Father's office.

If possible, the said character's Father might've used to work with Luigi.

...

"What!? There's no name like that here??"

Unfortunately, it seemed as though, they might only be unlockable if the game is played in hard mode.

It's said that the character used to work in making perfumes for the Villainess to stop the pain and everything before betraying her thereafter as soon as she heard of the atrocities she's done to the heroine.