41: Mezzanine

Katarina, fortunately, got into her dorm, shutting the door behind her before collapsing to the floor.

"Uuurghhkkk--..!" She bit her lip, groaning, she slammed her head down to the floor.

Gasping, drenched in a cold sweat as she tried to get back up. It hurt.

Her body felt like it was being clawed at by raging fire, burning ever so strongly.

It itched trying to dig through her skin like the burning ends of cigarettes.

'Make it stop!!!'

Her head felt like it was about to split open over all these disgusting sensations.

Bam.

Such an image as she slammed her head to the floor a second time.

'Stop it!!'

Huffing and just wanting to claw it all off of her skin.

The pain stopped all of a sudden, making her gasp for a breather.

She looked up whilst sighing in baffled relief.

Panicked as she tried to get back up to her feet.

She didn't know why it suddenly happened but it happened.

The darkness that had tried to combust within her faded and disappeared into the cracks and bits it could find inside the room.

Katarina sat down on her bed, wiping the sweat off of her with a towel.

She gulped, 'Why is it getting more prominent and often!?'

She looked over to the door.

Nobody came through the door, that's a relief.

'I should... Find a way to help myself better than trying to have y/n around me at all times..?' she huffed, trying to breathe calmer, she blinked.

Staring down at the wooden floors.

A pair of knocks came from the door.

She perked up, "Who is it?"

She was quick to call back out.

"Lady Katarina?"

A familiar voice, she jumped to her feet rushing for the door.

When she opened it, she saw y/n standing on the other side with a smile and a book in hand.

She didn't hesitate to grab her by the arm and inside the room, shutting the door locked behind them.

"Y/n..!" She hugged her tightly, frightened by her curse.

The scent of perfume coming off of y/n calmed her panicked heart and bewildered mind to normal.

Sighing deeply into the crook of her neck.

Y/n tapped on her shoulder, whispering, "Lady Katarina, you're squeezing me.."

"Sorry." Katarina loosened it better for her needed comfort.

Y/n smiled assuring her it wasn't too problematic.

"What's wrong?" She soon noticed Katarina's arms shaking slightly, "Lady Katarina? You're shaking a little.."

Katarina looked up from her shoulder, she blinked, humming, "I was just scared."

"Eh? Scared?" Y/n chirped.

Katarina nodded, holding her close to her, "I was scared.."

'Why would she be scared?' y/n was confused hearing that, but still, she found herself concerned about it, "Do you wish to talk about it? It might help if you do."

Katarina closed her eyes for a moment before nodding.

"Let's move to the bed first so you can lie down," Y/n said.

"Oh..!"

She didn't take it that Katarina would like it more if she also lied beside her.

Katarina huffed, hugging her close, she felt frightful enough to think she might disappear if she lets her go now.