56: Guerdon

V/n pulled the necklace out of her pocket, 'It hasn't sparkled or anything since I came here...'

She stared at it's pendant for a jewel.

'Why hasn't it been reacting? I should be near 'it' now, right?' she wondered as she tucked it back inside her pocket.

...

Katarina woke up an hour earlier into her nap due to someone whining over what happened a while ago in the corridor.

"It's alright," she assured her, "She insisted first before us that she won't tell anybody and besides that.. she looked very disinterested at us."

Y/n sighed looking over to her side to Katarina before saying, "Well, if that's what you say happened then I'll trust your judgement."

"Also," she added, "I found something interesting while I was in the library earlier today, Kat."

"Is that so?" Katarina hummed.

"Yes, after that.. score board..." Y/n began to mutter, face slowly turning red.

Do you wish for me to recall what had happened much earlier before y/n escaped to the libraries with an excuse of studying? Not really a question but let's review it for the hell of it, shall we?

...

"Wow! Look, Lady Katarina." Mary pointed at the top five student who scored high.

Katarina had placed first with a perfect score, not a single mistake whatsoever.

"Woah.. all that studying paid off well, huh." Alan said, he was just as surprised as everyone else present was.

'Did Lady Katarina have this much IQ to be able to take the first place!? Then why didn't she do it back then when she first came here!??'

That's what every single student was thinking after they saw such a thing.

The faculty staff members even cleared it out that Katarina did not cheat in any way possible, so the one thing that could be theorized is that she had been hiding how smart she really was all along.

She must've gotten some form of praise to begin doing it now, at least, she quoted that, "I got into a bet with someone and if I place first, she'd let me ask her of anything I wish from her."

It was clear that if she had been praised like that, she might've already been top of the class since she first came here than currently now.

What a sad life it seems to be.

After that, the harem suggested to throw a little private celebratory party for Katarina in acing first place.

And last but not least thereafter all of that, right before Keith was about to lead Katarina to the surprise party planned for her.

She met up with y/n in the same isolated hallways that's rarely used by student nor staff members to pass through.

"Y/n."

Y/n smiled seeing her, "Hello, Kat, congratulations, you did such a good job."

She patted her head.

Katarina's eyes widened for a second in that moment of sweet bliss, how much she adored to be praised like this by her and only her.

"I.." she hummed, "Thank you."

She nodded.

Y/n chuckled meekly, "Then, as promised. What did you want to ask from me?"

Katarina looked back down at her.