19: Sweetmeats

Y/n knew this spot well enough since it was her favorite place to sit down and rest whenever she can without any passing eyes, it was somewhere hidden behind the academy, a big log sitting alone close to the wall.

But she didn't expect to see Katarina here, she was hoping to see her some time tomorrow instead so she can try and catch up on her studies tonight.

As soon as she got close to Katarina's reach, she was pulled down, "Woah--?!"

Y/n sat on her lap.

Katarina nuzzled close to her neck, muttering, "You smell sickly sweet.."

Y/n blushed furiously, "Well, I.. yes because I--I---t-tried to make a n--new perfume that smells close to candy..."

Katarina hummed, holding her tight, she was holding her rougher than how she always does it.

"U-Uhm... You're holding on a little too tightly, Lady Katarina." Y/n muttered.

Katarina loosened her hold immediately after a, "Sorry."

Y/n smiled meekly, "It's okay, it didn't hurt that much, you just surprised me, that's all."

Katarina hummed, grumbling to herself as Y/n looked closely at her face that rested on her shoulder.

She noticed something odd.

"Hey.." she reached out with both hands, cupping her face.

Katarina opened her eyes back, sleep almost coming to her.

"You.... Have you not been sleeping well? You look more tired than I usually see you look.." y/n said.

Katarina groaned furrowing her brows, "No.. I didn't get enough sleep."

She nestled her head back on y/n's shoulder, trying to find sleep to pull her again.

"Okay then, please rest well." Y/n let her be.

Katarina muttered something under her breath before falling asleep.

...

"Did you find her yet?" Keith asked.

Maria shook her head, "No, nobody saw her in the girl's dorms..!"

"She wasn't seen in the boy's dorms either." Keith sighed scratching the back of his head.

Everyone soon came to the spot they said they'd meet up if they find anything or not, but none found Katarina's whereabouts.

"Well, she couldn't have left the academy, otherwise someone would've seen her," Gerald said.

"She's been missing since the first class in the afternoon, we need to find her," Mary said.

That's it, they were getting the principal involved in the search.

...

"Lady Katarina? Hmm... If I'm not mistaken, she's just with Lady y/n or Lady f/n perhaps?" The principal said.

"What? Lady y/n?" Keith perked up, now something hit his head.

Perfume, that was it.

He snapped his fingers, "She's been meeting with Lady y/n! That explains the smell of perfume.."

"Oh? Lady y/n? Well, she does say she wears perfume." Alan hummed.

"But where are they..!?" Mary asked.

The principal was taken aback a little when she slammed her hands down on the desk, he smiled easing them down, saying, "I don't know where they could be but Lady f/n might know, she's the one closest to Lady y/n."

...

And they went to her as suggested.

"Sorry but I can't tell you something like that, Lady y/n trusted me not to tell her anything related to that." F/n denied telling.

"So you do know something..?" Mary felt the edge of her smile twitch wanting to curl into a frown.