60: Pessimistic

V/n clicked her tongue leaning back on her seat with a student in class, 'It wasn't him then who is it..? I'll have to get my servant to eyeball any young men in this academy that could have it..'

...

Katarina was beginning to get consumed by the blooming flower garden within her.

"Kat..?"

She snapped out of it upon hearing her voice, she looked towards the door.

"Y-Y/n.." she looked like she was about to cry the moment she saw her.

"Careful..!" Y/n rushed over to her side before she could fall off of the bed from slipping.

"Y/n..!" Katarina pulled her into a tight hug, nuzzling as close as she could get.

Y/n could feel her trembling, gulping, "Kat.. I... I can't breathe."

Katarina loosened her hold by the second but kept her face buried in her shoulder.

Y/n raised a hand to pat her head, "There, there... What's wrong? Why do you look so sad? You're sick, you should be lying down."

"I'm scared," Katarina muttered.

"Hm..?" Y/n shifted a little to sit on the bed with her, though, considering how small her structure is, she was just sitting on Katarina's lap here, "Why are you scared? What scared you?"

"I'm scared.. I almost lost myself." Katarina muttered.

Y/n's eyes widened, 'That again..?'

She huffed, leaning a little to her to ease her down.

"It's alright," she whispered, "I'm here, you won't lose yourself.. I'll remind you of who you are every time it will happen, okay?"

Katarina hummed, trembling less, she nuzzled close to the crook of her neck with a huff, she smelled like vanilla.

"You won't.. you won't go away?" She muttered.

Y/n blinked, 'Why would I ever do something like that when I've been with her this much already?'

"No," she denied it, "I'll never go away, even if there will be a time when you don't want me near you."

"I want you near you," Katarina said.

'Oh, I see..' y/n chuckled and patted her head, "There, there, a sick patient should be lying down..."

"I don't want to." Katarina frowned.

"But... You might get me sick as well if you don't..?" Y/n tried that as an excuse.

Katarina frowned, humming, she pulled away, lying back down on the bed.

"There we go, good job." Y/n praised her.

Katarina liked that, though she reached a hand out to hold one of y/n's hands, "I want to hold your hand."

Y/n smiled sitting back down beside the bed, "Okay."

When Anne came back, she was greeted by y/n.

"G-Good day, Miss Anne." She said.

Anne was confused about why she was there.

The doctors walked over to the bed to oversee the sickly one.

Katarina was fast asleep, which was good to know, so there wasn't really that much to do then, she was resting and that was what mattered.

After that, they all promptly left for their things to do.