70: Ignited

Katarina was on the floor, in the middle of the room.

Darkness, shaped like fire engulfed her to the head.

'So loud..' there was whispering in her both ears, loud, it didn't even seem like whispering to her but loud screaming.

Voices, they kept telling her such confusing things, they kept telling her odd names, specific months, ages, and even names of people she doesn't even know exists.

"Katarina!"

The only thing that snapped her out of it was his hands, grabbing both her arm down.

She looked up, snapped from her nightmarish daze, she met Gerald's eyes, he was worried sick as if he almost lost something precious from him.

"Thank goodness..!" He muttered under his breath gasping, breaking down the door took a bit of a toll on him since he did run all the way here with Maria.

Maria took a breather, a hand on the door frame, she felt like she was going to fall to her knees if it weren't for Keith helping her stay standing.

Katarina was staring straight at nothing before she felt everything back from all her senses.

"Get off of me!" She shoved him away.

Gerald fell back, he wasn't even trying hard to not fall, "H-Huh..?"

He was confused.

"Lady Katarina?" Anne muttered, 'What's wrong with her all of a sudden? That look doesn't seem familiar..!'

Nobody has ever seen such a look on Katarina's face that was full of disgust and outrage.

Katarina groaned, holding her head up in one hand, 'Damn, headache..!'

"Katarina.." Gerald got up to meet her gaze back, he didn't care if it looked at him like that, 'What's wrong with her..?'

'Has dark magic... Infected her..!?' Maria frowned, she didn't want such an outcome to be true.

They barely saved her from that flame of darkness trying to devour her.

"What is going on..!?" Keith finally dropped the question everyone's been trying to get to on the tip of their tongues.

"Katarina, why did you suddenly push me? It's just me..." Gerald said, thinking as if Katarina had lost her memories, though, he didn't wish for it to be true.

He reached a hand to her.

Katarina swiped it away.

It made him flinch in response, pulling back.

"Get away from me, do I even know you??" She hissed.

Gerald's heart sank in cold water, "W-What..?"

Everyone else was shocked too.

'Did she lose her memories!?' that was the first thought that came to everyone's mind.

"Lady Katarina!!"

Then a familiar voice rang out in the corridor.

Someone bumped in between Alan and Nicole.

"Oh! Sorry..! Pardon me!" Y/n sputtered apologizing for the sudden trip she did on accident in front of them.

"I-Is Lady Katarina here..?" She was gasping for air.

'Did she run all the way here?'

They weren't sure why y/n suddenly appeared here but she must've heard from some student of them running to Katarina's dorm.

That might be it so it wouldn't be impossible for y/n to be here for that.

"She's.." Anne muttered.

Y/n stared at her, eyes widening in panic when she saw Maria look grim.

She shoved her way inside the room to see her.