49: Cockcrow

'It's very late into the night, we should head back to the academy soon.' y/n huffed, getting up, she dusted her knees before offering a hand for Katarina to take.

Katarina stood up as well before putting her hat back on.

"Let's go back, shall we?" Y/n asked.

Katarina nodded, "Of course."

...

Y/n woke up to the sound of someone calling her and a hand gently shaking her by the shoulder.

"H-Huh..?"

"Lady y/n."

She shot up in the realization of the familiar voice, she looked and saw Anne.

'Crap!' she pursed her lips shut, she woke up in Katarina's room instead of hers.

Anne looked slightly bewildered seeing her even.

"It's time to wake up." Though she tried not to ask too many questions, y/n might get caught up in the moment.

'I should ask Lady Katarina about this later..' she urged y/n to leave the room early before anybody had gone out of their dorms and see her.

It was quite early so y/n could definitely sneak back into her dorm without getting caught.

"O-Of course." She stuttered nodding, she was glad Anne wasn't the type to question her directly upon getting caught.

Though, the only problem left to counter was the arms wrapped around her waist.

"L-Lady Katarina.." she tried nudging her awake, they were still in the same clothes they had on since last night, shirts and pants.

Anne found that suspicious by a degree but it looked closer to pajamas so she didn't bother too much, 'Lady Katarina has several eccentric pajamas so these are probably just one of them...'

"Lady Katarina, it's time to wake up," Y/n muttered, leaning down a little to their sleeping partner.

Katarina opened an eye to look, frowning as she asked, "What is it..?"

Y/n blushed a little, sometimes, she just can't help but fall head over heels whenever Katarina would drag her words in a low monotonous voice as she reached a hand over and patted her head, saying, "It's time to wake up, I need to get back to my dorm before I get caught in yours and... Your maid is here to see you through your morning now."

Katarina huffed, groggy she sounded, perhaps the closest word for it might be titillating as she asked, "Why are you leaving this early when we're not even done yet..?"

"B-B-Because I have to..!" Y/n smiled trying to find an excuse for every question that'll be thrown at her, blushing as she tried not to recall last night's arousing event after they got back into the dormitory.

"Why now..?" Katarina asked.

"Because it's morning and you should be awake." Y/n insisted.

"Does it matter if I stay awake..?"

"Yes, because.. you need to let go of me so I can go back to my dorm and I also... Have a lot of studies to take care of." Y/n was beginning to falter finding reasons to get away, 'Thank God she was too sleepy to even continue trying to eat off of my neck last night.'

Katarina closed her eyes back, what was there to even do but to let her go, "Ok."

"Thank you," y/n patted her head one last time before hurriedly leaving the room you can tell a specific someone might change their mind if they stay even a second more there.

...

"What were you doing in Lady Katarina's room, if I may ask?"

Y/n smiled meekly, 'Looks like it was about time Lady Katarina's maid came looking for me for answers..'

"Eh? You were in Lady Katarina's room last night?" F/n chided in.

"Not now please, Lady f/n..?"