12: Redolence

"I'm here to call for a meeting concerning my sister," Keith said.

Everyone's attention turned to him, to be fair, the council office is sometimes used for the members to do a meeting regarding their beloved Katarina.

No offense, but it does happen and nobody else knows about it other than the council members themselves.

"What's the problem? Is someone trying to get a win on her behind our backs?" Mary asked.

Keith hummed sitting on his chair with clasped hands on the table, he said, "It's a little confusing as... She's been smelling odd recently."

Everyone furrowed their brows at him.

"She doesn't smell bad, that's not what I'm trying to say!!" Keith yelled, clearing his throat aloud saying, "I-It's more.. she's been having this scent of perfume on her."

"Hm? Perfume..?" Alan chirped.

"Yes, perfume." Keith nodded, adding, "Two nights ago while we had dinner, she smelled close to having women's perfume on her, and just last night when we had dinner, she smelled like men's perfume."

Okay, that did seem concerning.

"I wasn't sure yesterday night if it's men's perfume because it smelled rather minty on her." He finished.

Everyone gathered their thoughts together on it.

"So what we should do is keep an eye on her and see where she's been going for the past two days?" Sophia asked, what a suggestion that was though.

"Unfortunately... I don't have time to do that." Gerald sighed.

One was out in this I suppose.

"I'll be busy with Prince Gerald on paperwork." Make it two, it seems Nicole will be helping Gerald as usual.

"Thank you for the assistance, Lord Nicole." Gerald smiled.

Nicole nodded.

"So neither Prince Gerald nor Lord Nicole can go with Lady Katarina for the day.." Maria hummed.

"I can't go either." Mary sighed under a hand, "I'll be busy with something else with Prince Alan."

She glared at Alan, who perked up from that, "It's a recital and everyone urges that you go and make an appearance. I'm sorry, okay?"

"Yes, yes.." Mary sighed a second time louder.

"I can't go, I'm being asked to help with preparations for a different class," Keith said.

So there was only Maria and Sophia.

"I won't be able to bake early for Lady Katarina for tomorrow if I go.. but... I will go with Lady Sophia if it's necessary." Maria said.

"Then we'll be counting on you two to keep an eye on and see where Katarina has been going for the past two days then." Gerald chuckled.

"Any objections, fellow rivals?" He added.

Everyone laughed hearing that, and they all raised their hands in unison while saying, "No objections here."

...

"Achoo!"

"Are you okay..!?" F/n jumped up her skin at the sudden noise that came from her friend.

Y/n sniffled and reached to grab a handkerchief from her drawer to sneeze on.

"Yeah, I'm alright, I added too much cinnamon on this one I'm working on." She said while wiping her nose.