92: Rubberneck

Katarina sat opposite facing v/n who looked through a book full of sketches of newly designed in-season dresses.

Looking around her, she was offered tea and some biscuits to munch on while waiting, though she didn't feel thirsty or hungry to need even just a bite.

However, she did find it a little confusing for her as to why the seamstress's assistant kept shaking trying to avoid her gaze.

'Am I perhaps really that scary to even look at..?'

Suddenly, the said assistant made a blunder, almost spilling the small bowl of condiments on her, she was fortunate from catching it just in time before such a thing could've happened, sputtering, "Ah--.. m-my apologies..!"

"It's alright, just be more careful next time.." Katarina huffed.

'Ah..? He... Sounds gentler than I expected.' the assistant's face went a little red there.

"Ehem..!" Immediately did the seamstress snap her out of it, 'Don't cause a scene further than that!!'

The assistant hurried it out of there apologetically.

"I'll take this dress. It's rather eye-catching, be a darling and make sure it's in my family's colors as well." V/n had finished picking.

"Oh! Splendid choice, my Lady! I'll prepare to get your measurements right away, if possible, may the gentleman step out of the room for a bit?" The seamstress asked, though the moment she tried to make eye contact with Katarina, she looked away.

Katarina got up to excuse herself for a bit.

"Ahh.. right," v/n snapped her finger.

Her servant stepped forward, "Yes, Master?"

"Take my Little Brother to the haberdashery on the street across, please be very careful in choosing the right clothes for him." V/n said, "He must look the best at the party for the King to see."

"Understood, Master."

Katarina followed beside the servant leading her out of there.

...

The servant asked the seamster for the latest fashion design for men.

'I wonder when that said magical body-changing device will come soon, it's just like cloaking but with disguising magic, right..?' Katarina sat down, 'Looks like v/n wasn't joking when she insisted I bandage my chest for now and get used to it even if the item does arrive soon..'

The seamster looked at her and looked back at the servant who explained every little detail needed for a fit of him.

"That's his size? Hmm... We have a lot in stock of that said size, perhaps he would like to try a few on in his favorite color? All of them have been embroidered with golden thread, Sir." He suggested.

The servant thought about it before turning their attention to Katarina, "What would you wish to do, Young Duke?"

'Young Duke!?' the seamster suddenly flinched hearing that, 'What did they mean by that!? But he looks like a slave bought from some merchant..!'

Katarina blinked, 'Ahh... Do I have a say in this..?'

"Anything is fine as of now, I'd rather get out of here as quickly as possible." She said.

It felt like eyes were on her and yet even if she saw who had looked, they kept staring as if unnoticed by her.

Though the staring felt more comfortable than annoying.