53: Paterfamilias

A call had been made through the glistering crystal ball that v/n picked up after waiting a couple more seconds.

"Good evening, Father." She answered.

The figure was dark on the other end, with no resounding feature clear to see other than a hanging earring on the left ear as he asked, "Have you found your brother yet?"

"I've been able to pinpoint the location somewhere here in Sorcier, and considering how odd it has been that you haven't found him yet, the item may have transferred to a noble woman's womb from this said kingdom." V/n nodded.

L/n hummed, "Is that so..?"

V/n nodded.

"Yes, that may be it, Father." She said that was another one of the few things she and her Father agreed on.

"If that's that, then I expect you bring your brother back home with you for me to finally meet in person." L/n huffed, leaning back on his seat on the other end.

V/n nodded with a smile, "Of course, Father, I won't let you down."

"You best not.." he grunted rolling his eyes saying that, mentioning, "Unlike your Mother who died in the process of giving me a proper heir."

V/n kept up with the smile, chuckling, she wasn't faltering in front of him.

After the call had ended, a frown replaced her smile, and oh, how utterly bitter she felt after that short conversation.

She snapped her fingers, her servant hurried inside with clasped hands.

"Yes, Master?" They were quick to respond to her.

"Prepare the carriage." V/n said, "Oh, and remind the butler to create a fake name for me.. I wish to infiltrate the academy my dearest brother is hiding."

"Of course, Master, will that be all?" The servant said.

V/n hummed, leaning back on her chair in thought, before it struck her to smile, "Prepare me tea after you're done with everything and make it quick.."

"Of course, Master!"

...

Katarina sneezed on her wrist.

"Oh, are you feeling a little cold, Kat?" Y/n pulled a handkerchief from her pocket to offer to her, "Here, let me..."

Katarina sat still, arms around y/n's waist keeping her on her lap, she looked at the handkerchief under her nose.

"I could've done it myself." She said after y/n finished.

Y/n chuckled, saying, "Either way.. it's quicker if I do it instead so you wouldn't have to move too much."

Katarina hummed.

"I-I'm not heavy, aren't I..?"

Katarina shook her head, "Never, you're as light as a feather."

Y/n blushed, she wasn't sure if she should take that as a compliment but she might as well while giggling under a hand, "Is that so?"

"Don't you think you should get back to your.. friends..?" She asked, 'Doesn't the council office members usually hang around her? Wouldn't they find it strange if they don't find her always??'

"I don't want to." Katarina leaned down, nuzzling close under the crook of her neck.

Y/n sat still, she's gotten used to this, stuttering, "R-Really..? But wouldn't they be worried about you disappearing so much?"

"It doesn't matter." Katarina didn't have a spec of concern over it.