25: Rigorous

"Where were you, Lady Katarina?" Mary asked.

Before Katarina could come up with a lie for an excuse, the two professors present called for all the student's attention to the board.

They had already made the groups in the two conjoining classes.

To summarize, Katarina, f/n, and Mary were grouped.

Meanwhile, y/n, Sophia, and Maria were grouped.

The rest are background characters to fill in the open spaces.

F/n's group was at a table just behind y/n's group by two tables.

Katarina stared at y/n's back, 'I wanted to be in a group with her..'

Not the time to be whining now as f/n called for her attention at their table.

"Oh? Yes?" She turned to them.

"So how would you like this project to go? I've got suggestions here in this book, what about you, Lady Mary?" F/n said.

Mary hummed, smiling, "I'll go with whatever Lady Katarina chooses."

"I guess we should try and go for something easy to understand for my sake..?" Katarina joked with a meek laugh.

It was just a guess since she didn't want to do anything too hard and have to use up most of her free time on this work.

"Then it's the third choice." F/n chuckled, "Okay, maybe we can try and plan out things about it, so right now, we should figure things out on how to schedule it."

"Then we'll be busy on the weekends for this." Mary said before calling, "Lady Katarina?"

"Hm? Ah, I got it." Katarina nodded, she was listening to them so it was fine.

"Now please hold this glass cup while I check the other chemicals in the beakers with Lady Mary." F/n offered her the glass cup without context.

"Okay??" Katarina raised a brow holding it.

Mary got busy with f/n, 'At least she somehow understands Lady Katarina well enough not to give her anything too dangerous, she can be clumsy sometimes.'

She helped f/n differentiate each beaker while stealing glances ever so often at Katarina.

...

"Oh, sorry, are you alright?" Y/n asked.

Maria chuckled nodding, "I'm alright, it's nothing harmful."

"Are you sure?" Y/n asked, she was worried for her, she's one of Katarina's friends, after all, she wouldn't dare see her mad for hurting one of her friends now.

Maria nodded again, "Mhm.. I'll be fine, you didn't do it on purpose."

"It's alright, Lady y/n, Maria can handle it, promise." Sophia chuckled.

Y/n smiled nodding, "Alright, I understand."

The three got along pretty well.

'She smells of perfume..' Maria healed the small wound.

...

There was a very faint noise of glass breaking.

Crack----?!

Mary was busy looking over two beakers as f/n glanced over to Katarina and flinched eyeing the glass in her hand.

She looked pissed, her hand was shaking gripping the poor cup.

'Is that seriously breaking over her grip!??' she felt sweat trickle behind her neck as she cleared her throat loud enough for Katarina to hear.

Mary heard it as well.

"Eh?" Katarina perked up.

"You'll hurt your hand, Lady Katarina..!" F/n took the glass cup from her hold before anything close to red stained through her glove.

Mary panicked after hearing Katarina get hurt.