24: Alcove

Y/n found herself in the very corner of the library inside the academy, reading a book about plants with Katarina resting on her shoulder.

She didn't want to get all cuddly with her inside the academy where eyes can see them so she restricted her from hugging her for this one.

Katarina still fell asleep on her shoulder while holding on to her arm with both hands so everything was fine.

"Hey, Lady y/n.. oh." F/n was about to call for her when she spotted Katarina napping beside her.

Y/n waved smiling, "Hello, Lady f/n.."

F/n walked over to them, quietly, she sat down together with them, whispering, "So... I was gonna ask if this book would do good for my next studies or this one for my future studies."

"I think next studies would be better for your future studies," Y/n said.

"Oh, thank you." F/n smiled nodding before getting up to leave.

Turning a corner.

She was met with Sophia staring up at her with a smile.

'Oh, no, it's her...' she smiled back, "Do you need something, Lady Sophia?"

"Do you know where Lady Katarina is?" Sophia went straight to the point, not a second wasted asking.

"Oh.." f/n hummed, 'They won't stop, huh...'

"I don't know." She shook her head lying.

Sophia frowned, "Don't lie, you definitely know where she is."

"I'm just saying, I did see her a moment ago but not anymore." F/n dodged the urgency from Sophia's voice to escape and rush out of the library with a book in hand.

"Wait..! Lady f/n..?!"

Sophia ran after her.

Y/n relieved a sigh, 'I thought f/n was gonna give us away..'

She went stiff there while listening to their conversation seconds ago, looking over her shoulder, Katarina was fast asleep on her.

She shook her awake by the shoulder, "Lady Katarina.."

Katarina frowned grumbling still half-asleep, "Hmm..?"

"You'll get a stiff neck if you sleep like tha--eek..?!"

Trying to keep herself from screaming in surprise, Katarina pulled her close to her, she gave respect to the restriction by not putting her on her lap but she had her arms wrapped around her, face dug into the back of her neck as she whispered, "Quiet.."

Y/n sighed, 'I really can't tell her much about what not to do sometimes.'

She let her be and continued reading her book.

A while had passed before y/n found herself dozing off.

She leaned a little back on Katarina, falling asleep with the book somewhat dangling a little in one hand.

...

She woke up soon before Katarina when f/n nudged her awake.

"It's almost time for the classes this afternoon." She said.

"Oh, really?" Y/n rubbed her eyes awake.

"Yeah, so wake her up as well. I'll be going first, her class and our class are having a conjoined student work." F/n said.

"Hm, got it." Y/n nodded trying to sit upright, glancing over her shoulder, she reached a hand over to wake Katarina up.