38: Suss

Y/n sat still on her lap, before immediately realizing their situation, 'Wait! Her friends will be coming here soon as well!'

She nudged her by the shoulder to get off of her, "Lady Katarina, not right now, please..!?"

Katarina didn't budge, ignoring her and pretending to be asleep.

"Lady Katarina, not right now, please??" Y/n repeated herself, "Y-Your friends will be here soon and it'll cause a misunderstanding. You're also the crown prince's fiancée at that!"

"No.." Katarina growled at her.

"L-Lady Katarina..! You did a pinkie promise with me remember?" Y/n reminded her of yesterday's promise.

Katarina flinched, grumbling to herself, and she gave in, "Okay."

Though, a second later when y/n got up, her expression turned sad.

Y/n didn't like seeing this, she didn't want her to look upset with her.

"I'm sorry, did I upset you..?" She sighed as she gently cupped her face with both hands.

"Yes, you have." Katarina looked down at the floor, seemingly untouched by the soft hands on her face.

"Will it make you feel a little better if I say I was wrong?" Y/n asked.

"No, I'm fine." Katarina kept her gaze on the floor.

Y/n began sweating bullets, 'Oh, no... I must've done something very wrong this time, right?'

"H-How about.. a little kiss? It'll make up for now, right? I just really don't want to do or cause any wrong misunderstandings." She muttered.

Katarina looked up at her, the word 'kiss' appealed to her.

"I want one." She said.

Y/n smiled meekly, that look of excitement on Katarina's face was very adorable.

"O-Okay... But you have to close your eyes first." She slowly leaned down over to her.

Katarina did as she was told, eyes closed, darkness being all she can see.

Y/n's lips felt very soft.

Katarina reached a hand over, gently caressing y/n's face.

"Hmm...." Y/n didn't know much about kissing but she found that Katarina liked how she does it.

"Lady Katarina!!"

Y/n flinched, shocked, she immediately pulled away, standing upright, panicked, and redness of a beetroot across her face in a pool of cold sweat.

"Oh, L-Lady Mary..?!" She sputtered trying to stand aside.

Katarina felt a little annoyed by that intrusion.

Mary eyed y/n with the same smile she and Gerald would wear over people they didn't like one bit before turning her attention span immediately to Katarina on the bed.

'What is she doing here..?' fortunately, they didn't see the kiss, it's good she screamed her dearest' name before barging inside the infirmary.

"What were you just doing there, Lady y/n?" Gerald smiled, he barely saw it so the next best thing that he figured it'd be is y/n 'trying' to lean in for a kiss.

Y/n began sweating bullets, "I was just.. checking Lady Katarina if she was perhaps having a fever..."

What a surprising excuse that was.

"Oh..?" Keith hummed, "Do you have a fever, sister?"

He found that a little suspicious just like everyone else though.

Katarina had her gaze directly at y/n, and nobody else, "No, I don't have a fever."

"Ah... I see.." Keith cleared his throat as Y/n meekly smiled, wanting to get out of this situation quickly.

"I-I think Lady f/n is waiting for me in the cafeteria, please, excuse me.." and she did.