46: Dissimulate

F/n woke the two up in a hurry when she heard Sophia's voice when the library door opened.

Y/n perked up yawning whilst Katarina didn't budge.

"Wake up, you're gonna get caught," F/n whispered.

Y/n rubbed her eyes awake as she tried to nudge Katarina awake herself.

Katarina grumbled, opening an eye to look while muttering, "What is it..?"

"It's time to wake up, Lady Katarina," Y/n said.

Katarina frowned, sitting upright, she didn't want to get up so soon.

"Here," f/n tossed a book over to her.

Katarina glared at her for doing that.

"Best pretend if you don't want Lady y/n getting in trouble because of you."

That made Katarina flinch, she didn't want that, reluctantly taking the book, she opened it to a random page somewhere in the middle.

...

"Lady Katarina, it's time for dinner."

Katarina looked over to Anne, "It's alright, I've eaten earlier."

"Oh..? I.. I see." Anne perked up, 'She ate already, huh..? Master Keith must've done something to upset her, I'll have to inquire about it to him tomorrow.'

...

"Y/n.."

"Oh! Lady Katarina..." Y/n was surprised to see her in front of the door when she opened it.

She patted Katarina's back, urging that she get inside so she can lock the door shut behind them.

"What are you doing here? Have you had dinner yet?" She asked.

Katarina nuzzled close to the crook of her neck, muttering, "No.."

"No??" Y/n raised a brow, she was confused, "What do you mean no? Why haven't you eaten yet?"

"I don't..." Katarina pulled back to look at her face, "I don't know.."

She really doesn't know.

Y/n frowned, 'She's worrying me.....'

"W-Why don't we go out tonight? Lady f/n and I know of a hidden dog hole that connects the inside of the academy into an alley, shall we eat outside tonight? My treat..?" She suggested.

Katarina hummed, "I'm sorry, I must be beginning to bother you."

She was feeling depressed, dreadfully at that. It wasn't healthy, it was worse than her usual time when she'd be given torturous pain for more than an hour when night strikes for her.

"What? No, of course not! You could never.." y/n sputtered, raising her hands to cup Katarina's face with both hands, trying to assure her with a gentle smile, "Trust me, you're not a bother to me, never. Because I like it when you spend time with me when I'm free from anything important to do."

Katarina only sighed upon hearing that.

'Why is she so sad today..?' y/n gulped, "C'mon, why don't we prepare ourselves to go out for tonight? I have hidden men's clothes under my bed. Lady f/n and I used to sneak out pretending to be men so we can eat out for dinner."

"Alright, if that's what you want, y/n." Katarina nodded.

...

Katarina was given a muddy yellow white shirt and black pants with a pair of dark brown shoes.

Y/n blushed staring with wide eyes at her, 'It looks so good on her..!'

She shook her mind clear considering that now wasn't the time.

She put her hat on before helping Katarina with braiding her long hair.

They still need to sneak out successfully first to consider this a secret dinner date.

"Did you lock your dorm, Lady Katarina?" She wondered, 'Hm.. as for her chest, this black coat should suffice to cover it enough to be unnoticeable.'

Katarina raised a key in one hand as she let y/n put a coat on her, "I thought Anne might check up on me so I locked the door just in case."