64: Baritone

Katarina hummed, muttering, "What is it..?"

Such a deep tone she's dragging the words through.

"Could you let me go so I can help Lady f/n with something in the library?" Y/n asked.

"No." Katarina blurted.

'That wasn't.. a question though,' y/n's smile faltered a little, "Your friends are here and I should get going now."

"It doesn't matter." Katarina yawned.

"Could you try harder?" F/n arched a brow at her dear friend.

"I'm already trying, and I don't want Lady Katarina suddenly going ballistic at you," Y/n said.

"Ballistic..?!" F/n shot up, "Why would she ever do that? We're friends.."

"She's already tried to put her hands around your throat twice." Y/n put the harsh reality back on her.

F/n sighed rolling her eyes, "Okay, those may have happened but you were there so nothing escalated."

"Do you honestly think I have the physical strength to keep her back if she actually wants to kill you right now?" Y/n tapped on Katarina's shoulder to wake her back up.

Katarina opened an eye to finally look at her, "You're getting pesky.. y/n..."

"Sorry," y/n apologized for that, "But I really do need you to let go so I can help Lady f/n."

"I promise I'll be right back, how about it?" She added a suggestion.

"I don't like that." Katarina huffed.

"Your friends are here, they also want to talk to you," Y/n said.

"I don't care," Katarina answered.

"What kind of answer is that, you could've at least acted a little hesitant." F/n hummed.

"But I need to leave," y/n said, "I.. I have studies to do as well! Isn't that right, Lady f/n?"

F/n looked at her before looking back at Katarina nodding earnestly, "Indeed, she also has some studies to do as well."

Katarina gazed over to y/n, blinking, waiting for her to say something. She was expecting something after all.

Y/n shook her head with a smile, "It's not a lie, I do have some studies to take care of."

Katarina gave in and let her off, "Ok..."

"Don't look too sad." Y/n sighed patting her head, "I'll be back when I'm done with my studies, I'm sure there isn't a lot."

Unfortunately, Mary caught heed of her skipping morning classes so.. she might've asked y/n's professors of those hours with her to give a light punishment of extra homework assignments.

What a sad and suddenly eventful situation y/n won't expect on her plate.

...

Katarina faced her back on her harem, how cold that was.

Eyes shut, she laid there, going back to sleep again, 'I might as well just wait for y/n to come back.. there's still afternoon classes for them, they should all leave soon before lunch break will end.'

Lunch break is ending soon, it was just a few minutes or so until the clock struck one and students had to be in their respective classes by then before they get a light punishment of being late by their professor.