55: Subversive

V/n sat in the carriage, waiting to arrive in front of the academy gates.

The butler had informed her that her name would still be the same with the last name coming from a baron.

She came back to the academy after an emergency occurred in her family which had now been resolved, thus, she was allowed to come back to her studies.

'A really odd choice for an excuse..' v/n sighed, 'Well, as long as I'll be able to meet my dearest long lost brother with it then...'

...

Katarina sneezed into her hand.

"Was someone talking about us?"

"Hm? Are you cold?" Keith perked up.

"Us?"

"No, I'm fine." Katarina wiped her nose with a handkerchief, 'Was someone talking to me like last time?'

"What do you mean us??"

'No, that's probably nothing..' she hummed, tucking the handkerchief away.

"How would they know about us?"

"Sister, this way.. everybody's waiting for you." Keith pointed out the right around the hallways.

"Could it be the current Lord?"

Katarina went in a direction opposite from him so she could see y/n.

"Current Lord? Who? L/n? Does he know we're here?"

'Should I..?' she blinked.

"Y/n!!"

'No, I want to see her,' she declined him with a smile and excuse of, "I'm sorry, Keith, but I have something important to do alone so I'll catch up after I'm done with it."

"Y/n? Now? Can we go??"

"Eh?" Keith perked up, "Oh, uhh.. alright."

"I want to see y/n.."

That caught his tongue for a second before smiling, "Better hurry though, I made sure to ask Lady Mary to prepare you cakes you'd like with Miss Maria."

"Ugh... I don't like sweets, I don't have a sweet tooth for them!"

Katarina laughed nodding, "I will!"

"Then we can just not eat any, stop whining. Nobody will die eating sweets they don't want."

'I don't like sweets.. they taste bland.'

"Let's go meet up with y/n! I miss them, please??"

...

'This is my dorm..?' v/n looked around the shabby room, 'How small..'

Huffing, 'Perhaps the boys' dorms are also this small too, how pathetic does this academy's budget go to..?'

She put her suitcase down on the bed before opening the door to walk back out, there wasn't technically anything of too much value in the suitcase anyway.

"Y/n."

"Oh! Lady Katarina.."

She paused in the corridor and turned to her right.

She saw the two, definitely, her stare of look at them was full of disinterest with the scene.

Katarina stared back at her with the same eyes full of disinterest as well, not caring that she caught sight of her arms wrapped around a small figure's waist attentively.

As for y/n, she was a statue, stiff in her place with one thing in her panicked mind, 'Somebody saw us...'

'I didn't know there was this kind of secret romance going on in this academy, I'm surprised...' v/n blinked before bowing lightly and saying, "I saw nothing."

And turned on her way, leaving them be.

...

"Somebody saw us.." y/n was too devastated to be thinking of anything else after that.

Katarina was napping on her, in her dorm, on the bed.

Y/n squealed in her hands, wanting to scream aloud only to keep it in as someone else specific was sleeping in the room with her.

'Somebody saw us!!!'