52: Subsidiaries

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Y/n - Your/Name
F/n - Friend's/Name
V/n - Villain's/Name
L/n - Lord's/Name
B/n - Brother's/Name

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Auurghh..!" Katarina slammed her head on her desk.

Fortunately, Anne left a while ago.

Groaning, she almost crumpled the paper in front of her with both hands.

'Damnit..! Not.. now!!' she hissed, it felt like burning needles were swimming inside her veins.

"Haahhgg--" it even felt like she was going to throw up, over the weird tangy pain that kept rising in her throat that itched wanting to burn her tongue.

Gripping the edges of the desk, she slammed her head a second time on it.

Thud.

Shaking, she tried to be still, waiting for it to end, she was biting her lower lip.

...

It was glowing again.

"It's glowing again, Master!"

"Really?" V/n turned to look at his pitiful servant who smiled nodding back at her.

"We must be near 'them' then.." she scoffed, "If it's glowing that strongly now, then it may be starting to bloom more."

The servant scurried around the room to bring the glowing necklace to her which v/n took in one hand, raising it in front of her, the jewelry attached to the necklace had been shimmering stronger.

"Master, if I may ask.."

"Speak," v/n tossed the necklace aside without much thought with her servant panicked in catching it while asking, "W-Why is it that this necklace is glowing?"

V/n hummed, leaning back on her seat, a smirk crossing her lips, starting, "Did you know I was supposed to have a younger brother?"

"A younger brother? But I've heard from everybody that the Mistress had failed and died trying to give birth to his Lord's second child." The servant said.

"Yes, that did happen." V/n shrugged, "But because of it happening.. the item had transferred to a different womb."

"Haven't you heard of the incident regarding after the event of my Mother's death? My father began a wide search of other commoner children that was born the same day as my long gone younger brother?" She continued.

"Oh, yes.." the servant nodded, saying, "His Lord was very furious after gathering every single one that had been born on that day, he said 'it' wasn't there."

"Indeed, 'it' wasn't there with any of the common people's born infants.." v/n clicked her tongue, "Which meant our throne of succession was wide open for the others to take by marrying their son with me."

She yawned, snapping her fingers.

The servant was quick to pull a specific book from the shelves for her.

V/n opened it on its bookmark, saying, "But I didn't want to give birth to a new successor and get our bloodline tainted, even my father agreed to it. One thing we both agreed on for once I suppose..."

The servant fiddled with their clasped hands, asking, "What will you do once you meet them?"

"Once I meet my dearest 'soon to be adopted' younger brother.. I will immediately bring him back to the castle with me to let our Father teach him how to use the thing that's been in his body since he was born." V/n gleamed a cheery smile saying, "After all... If you don't know what it is, it'll feel like a curse, even he will think it's a curse if he doesn't know how to use it correctly."

"Oh?" The servant tilted their head in wonder.

"If you use it wrong, it will inflict pain in you every night, the moment your body wishes to rest. Considering it's been blooming now, it means that he found his other half, the one that's been keeping it somewhat stable with the growing process but once that stability disappears so suddenly, he'll go into a rampant with his dark magic and their other common elemental magic.." v/n explained before dismissing her servant out the room.