11: Palpitate

Y/n had finished her studies. She had about two hours or so of free time in hand.

Though she's kind of stuck in someone's arms here, she looked over to her shoulder, Katarina was very much asleep on her, there wasn't anything to question on that.

"Lady Katarina.." she smiled, humming as she stayed put staring at her sleeping face.

'I hope she doesn't get mad at me if I...' she reached taking one of Katarina's hands on hers.

Katarina didn't wake up in the slightest from the sudden movement.

'Does she stay calm like this if I don't jerk around too much like last time?' she fiddled a little with Katarina's gloved hand before deciding to take the brown gardening gloves off.

Katarina's hands were expected as somewhat rough.

'She really does do swordsmanship and farming, huh..' she felt around the open palm and she noticed something about it, "Hm..?"

On her open palm, in the middle. There was a scar, not visible if you don't pay close attention, but it was a small scar.

It looked very old.

She checked around Katarina's nails. They were cut.

What kind of noble Lady doesn't cut nails anyway?

'I wonder how she got this scar though...' she's more curious about the small scar on the open palm than how rough the said hand felt.

"Did she get hurt by something sharp once..?" She felt around it, it did feel quite old for a scar.

She put her glove back on and set it down on her lap, fiddling a little with it as she looked back over her shoulder to check on Katarina.

And she was met with Katarina looking back at her.

She jumped up her skin with a shriek of sudden surprise, "Y-You're awake..! Sorry, did I wake you up!?"

Katarina just continued to stare at her, before blurting out in a calm tone, "Do you like playing with my hand that much?"

Y/n's face went beet red, and she was blushing hard, sputtering, "W-Well, I didn't want to bother you, so I tried not to do anything too much that might wake you up. Sorry, was I moving your hand too much? I didn't mean to do anything to disturb your nap--"

"Quiet."

She pursed her lips shut, sweating bullets, she tried not to do anything that might get them in trouble with her.

Katarina stared at the side of her face all the while Y/n looked very flustered and stiff on her shoulders sitting there beside her.

She raised her hand along with y/n's.

'Huh?' y/n looked down.

Katarina had their hands intertwined together.

'Calm your heart down, y/n!!!' she gulped.

"You're hands are small.." Katarina rubbed a thumb on y/n's hand.

"Ahh--I get that.. a lot...." Y/n muttered under her breath.

Katarina hummed, her eyelids were getting heavy again as she fell back asleep on y/n's shoulder.

Y/n took a sigh of relief that she did.

'I almost died from her charms..'