85: Austere

K/n - King's/Name
Q/n - Queen's/Name
P/n - Princess's/Name
Cc/n - Concubine's Child/Name
D/n - Doctors/Name
___________________________________

Katarina woke up getting dragged out of the bed and thrown into the bathroom.

"Uuugh.." she hit her back hard on the floor, 'What the hell..?!'

"Get ready in five minutes, your breakfast will be sent by a servant. Hurry it up and meet me outside." L/n said before walking out of there without another word after.

Katarina tried to get up, "Hahh...."

She tried to ignore the pain in her back, she wasn't that hurt for a doctor to be here. L/n didn't throw her that hard to break her spine.

She clicked her tongue, looking down at her hands, the small wounds around them had opened up.

"Ah." She hummed, ignoring that even when it began aching now, she pulled herself together for a quick bath and a change of clothes.

...

"Keep running!" L/n yelled, "Don't stop until you've done exactly fifty laps!!"

Katarina growled, wanting to just kill him now even if it was impossible with her current state of body and mind. She kept running with such pained legs.

...

V/n flipped through the newspapers, looking through the headline.

"Looks like nobody has yet caught up to my Father finally finding his 'son'." She chuckled, 'Looks like keeping it a secret was indeed a smart choice as he had ordered me to do.'

"Master," her servant stepped forward.

"Speak," v/n answered.

The servant stood upright beside her to report, "The princess p/n is waiting."

V/n lowered her cup of tea with a frown, 'Father is ignoring her isn't she..?'

"What seems to be the purpose of her visit?" She asked.

"The King had ordered her to ask for the Grand Duke's hand in marriage through political gains between each other." Her servant answered.

V/n clicked her tongue, rolling her eyes with a sigh, 'What a pain..'

"Inform my Father immediately that I wish for him to give a more respectful audience of decline to the princess, considering if he doesn't, it'll be reported to the King and Queen.." she said, grumbling in annoyance.

...

Katarina fell back, groaning with a huff, she wiped the dirt off of her face, 'Can't he go easy even once?'

"Can't you at least hit softer..?" She scoffed.

L/n pointed the sword at her, "You failed to barely even cut half off of the fifty-lap run I ordered you to do, and yet you ask for such things now?"

Katarina growled, getting back up, darkness flickered like a dying flame trying to cling to her.

'She can't even see its power yet.. she'll need to be thoroughly broken for her to see them clearly with her own eyes so she can utilize it with better efficiency. It needs to be done before her coming of age as well...' he rushed forward to continue training after Katarina picked the sword back up.

...

Katarina gasped, on one knee, the sword in one hand, gripped, shaking. She looked up at him, she was covered in dirt and her breathing was harsh and cold, 'Damnit.. I'll kill him.'

The darkness burnt around her.

"What..?!" L/n huffed.

The servant nodded, it'd seem v/n wished for him to do as she asked to be done.

"Alright, I'll properly send princess p/n on her way back to the castle." L/n rolled his eyes, nodding, 'That young royalty still hadn't left even when I made it obvious I won't accept such a proposal from the King.'