48: Sobriquet

"Kat?"

Katarina stared at her, 'Kat..? Why that?'

"Kat?" She hummed, at the thought of that.

"Well, it doesn't seem like that's a nickname any of your close friends or brother call you so I thought you might like it?" Y/n sputtered a little explaining to her, 'I just thought it rhymed with cat...'

Katarina smiled, 'I like that.'

She nodded, "Alright. I like it."

"Really?" Y/n gleamed brightly, 'She likes it, thank goodness!'

Katarina nodded, "Yes, you made it for me so I like it."

Y/n laughed under a hand hearing that, 'Fortunately I didn't say the wrong thing.'

"Shall we continue?" Katarina wondered, asking, "Is there any place you wish to visit before going back to the academy?"

Y/n thought about it before one place came to mind, "Do you want to visit this lake with me? Lady f/n and I used to visit it to tell each other our problems to destress but I think you might like it there."

"If that's what you want, y/n, alright." Katarina agreed.

...

"It's so pretty." Y/n awed looking into the lake.

The moonlight cascaded down, reflecting off of it.

Katarina couldn't help but agree as well, commenting, "It's beautiful."

"You think so?" Y/n chuckled, sitting down by the lake with Katarina following after beside her.

She reached a hand out to cause a ripple in the water, "Lady f/n won't know you and I snuck out together but even if she does find out, we can't tell her we went here, please?"

Katarina nodded, "Alright."

"Thank you," y/n took her hand out of the water, "Lady f/n made this out secret spot so she might feel a little betrayed if she finds out."

"I understand," Katarina said, before leaning down on her shoulder.

Y/n sat still, smiling, she reached a hand to pat Katarina's head, "Are you tired now? We still have to sneak back into the academy y'know."

"I know." Katarina closed her eyes for a moment, it felt more calming whenever y/n was around than when she wasn't.

The darkness looming near her felt like they were being vanquished at the moment with y/n.

"I heard from Lady f/n you've been studying a lot for a while," Y/n mumbled.

"I have," Katarina said.

Y/n shifted a little so she could face her better.

Katarina pulled back to look at her as well.

"Are you seriously that adamant to score higher than either Miss Maria or Prince Geord?" Y/n wondered.

"If it's for y/n, I would pull the stars down and move the mountains," Katarina answered.

Y/n's eyes widened for a second and she fell into a small fit of giggles, 'How funny.'

"I don't think any of those are possible but thank you." She said, "That was very sweet of you, Kat."

Katarina blushed, being called 'Kat' was beginning to dawn on her easier than she anticipated.

"You promised me I could ask you for anything if I did it." She muttered under her breath.

"I did.." y/n gulped, chuckling meekly, 'I just hope you don't ask me for anything drastic...'