51: Fervor

Y/n was just about to finish her studies and meet up with f/n but the situation didn't seem possible for that.

"Is there something wrong, Lady Katarina?" She wondered while sitting on her lap.

It was close to the good old days alone together perhaps, not really but it was close.

Katarina held her close, face buried in the crook of her neck, muttering, "Kat."

"Hm?" Y/n blinked.

"Call me.. Kat." Katarina said.

Y/n's eyes widened for a second, she smiled huffing, "Sorry.. I meant to call you 'Kat', Kat."

Katarina hummed, a non-existing wagging tail, she felt much better hearing that from her. She liked that pet name y/n made for her, even if it seemed like the most common first word for a nickname out of her name.

"So is there something bothering you, Kat?" Y/n asked.

Katarina kept quiet before muttering, "I'm tired."

"Oh, then.. please nap for a bit, I'll wake you up after you've rested up," Y/n suggested.

Katarina nuzzled closer, both arms wrapped around y/n's waist, "Okay."

Y/n sighed, reaching a hand up, she tucked a lock of hair over Katarina's ear, thinking, 'You look so comfy napping like that.'

...

F/n bumped into Sophia on the way to the library, greeting each other for it.

Nicole was quite respectful enough towards her since Sophia found her in good light. If Sophia hadn't, he'd have treated her coldly.

F/n sat down on an empty table while waiting for y/n, 'What's taking her so long..?'

She opened her books to begin her studies.

...

"Kat..?" Y/n began to nudge her awake.

It was close to twelve by now.

There weren't going to be any classes anymore this afternoon so it was completely open so students can practice magic in the open fields at the back of the academy.

It was beginning to feel common for y/n to wake her up right before lunch so neither will starve.

Katarina sat upright yet kept her close to not let her fall off of her lap, "What is it..?"

Y/n smiled, "It's time to wake up, Kat, it's almost lunch and we should get going now too."

"I don't want to." Katarina hummed.

"We can't go on with empty stomachs either." Y/n explained, 'Her denials are just close to childish retaliation so it's been much easier to find excuses over them.'

"I'm also getting hungry, Kat." She added.

Katarina huffed, "Alright, if that's what you want."

She let her go.

...

"Care to explain where were you, Lady y/n??" F/n asked, she seemed a bit mad.

Y/n meekly smiled, whispering her excuse for an explanation, "Lady Katarina took a nap."

"Ah.." f/n already understood what that meant, she does, after all, officially support the two with their relationship.

"Is that so." She scoffed, still, she didn't like how she was stood up in the library to study on her own.

Figuring out some of the things she found hard was no easy task to do alone.