71: Transgress

"Lady Katarina!" Y/n yelled for her.

Katarina arched a furrowed brow, confused, 'What..?'

She didn't know why she reacted to such a name, she doesn't even feel like she knows that name.

"Lady Katarina!" Y/n huffed, "It's me."

She wiped the sweat from her cheek.

Katarina frowned, "I don't know anybody in this room, so I'd hope I'd be left alon--urhkk-?!"

"No! That can't be!" Y/n suddenly slapped both her hands on Katarina's face, cupping her cheeks, "You have to remember!"

"Remember..!?" Katarina's voice was muffled saying that.

"Yes, you have to remember, you are Katarina Claes!" Y/n said.

Katarina was too puzzled trying to get away, "Huh..?!"

"Repeat after me! You are Katarina Claes!" Y/n said.

"I-I am Katarina Claes." Katarina was beginning to feel a little dizzy.

"Don't say it without emotion, you made me promise you that I can't let you lose yourself." Y/n sputtered, looking down, hands shaking.

Katarina stood there, stiff, 'Lose myself?'

'Lose herself..?' everyone present was confused, what promise? Katarina asked y/n a promise to be fulfilled at all costs.

Katarina gulped, 'What is happening..?'

Y/n sighed.

But, Katarina suddenly caught a whiff of something. A scent. Lavender? It smelled nice.

Darkness crept up behind her back before disappearing the moment it touched the back of her neck.

"I am.. Katarina Claes..." Her mind suddenly felt less hazy, she shook her head to clear it further.

"Headaches." She muttered, "What happened? I feel like I just woke up sleeping on the floor."

Y/n's eyes widened, "Oh, thank god!"

"H-Huh..?" Katarina blinked.

"Tell me! Who are you?" Y/n asked.

"What..? Katarina?" Katarina tilted her head in wonder saying that, it was such a silly question.

Y/n relieved a sigh, "You didn't forget yourself, that's a relief."

"Forget myself?" Katarina asked.

"N-Nothing." Y/n muttered, making up an excuse, "You fainted in your room with the door locked so your friends had to break it down to help you."

"Oh.." Katarina no longer questioned anything about the now-broken door behind her, she can't even see if it was broken.

Y/n huffed, "Do you have any idea how worried I was when Lady f/n told me you locked yourself in your room?"

"Uuh.." Katarina didn't know what to say.

"Please, don't ever do that again. At least, let your maid have a spare key just in case you don't respond when somebody calls you from outside your door." Y/n nagged her.

"I apologize... I've upset you." Katarina frowned.

Y/n patter her head, "I had to rush over here even while Lady f/n and I were in the middle of a study session."

Katarina hummed.

"Your friends are here, so you should go with them to the infirmary and see the doctor." Y/n said, 'Though, you've already said it's a curse so a doctor won't do much help to your situation."

Katarina nodded, "If that's what you want, I'll get it done."