39: Stickability

"Wait," Katarina grabbed her by the arm before she could escape.

'Oh, please, let me leave!!' y/n turned to her with a smile, "Yes, Lady Katarina?"

Katarina just stared up at her just like how a quiet child finally chooses to trust a teacher who's been trying to befriend them in kindergarten.

Y/n's gaze softened, and she stood better in front of her with a genuine smile, saying, "It's a promise, remember? If you can do it, you can ask me for anything in return."

Katarina looked down, letting her arm go, it'd seem she understands it well now, "Okay."

Y/n nodded her off before hurrying out of there to get away from Katarina's harem, they were all gazing down at her like panthers ready to strike for looking at their supposed master with such eyes.

After she left though, Katarina's friends bombarded her with questions regarding her being around her all of a sudden.

Katarina blinked, before chuckling meekly to smile and say, "Well, she came to check if I had a fever, that's all."

"But she said she made a promise with you!" Sophia gleamed, though, she was still feeling as suspicious as everyone was for y/n and Katarina, the supposed promise made her curious.

"Oh, uhh..." Katarina hummed, agreeing with Sophia, "She did."

"What was it about?" Mary inquired.

"It's a secret." Katarina laughed.

"What? Are you sure you can't tell even me?" Gerald smiled, "I'm your fiance, you can tell me anything after all."

Keith and Mary cleared their throats aloud upon hearing that.

"Well, I'm her brother," Keith said.

"I'm one of her best friends," Mary said.

Sheesh, what war this can be for the harem sometimes.

Katarina smiled in the middle of all this, 'I'm feeling strangely hungry..'

...

"What??" F/n laughed, "You? 'You'?? You made a bet with Lady Katarina over grades, do you even understand the extent of how much willpower she has?"

Y/n raised a brow, "I've heard that Lady Katarina tends to rush head-on into anybody who considers her their enemy or not, so... I can understand the humor coming from you."

F/n chuckled in one hand after calming down, joking about it, "Indeed, she has the willpower and density of the highest mineral to currently exist."

Y/n nodded, she couldn't agree more with what f/n told her.

"So do you think she'll ace her grades and become the top one?" F/n asked.

Y/n paused, and immediately, began turning red, she breathed into her hands with a loud sigh, "I just realized I bet my body into this promise.. I don't even know what she'll ask from me if she wins..!"

F/n's jaw hung open, oh, my.

"Y-You did what..?" Her complexion turned pale hearing that.

"Oh no..." Y/n groaned into her hands.

F/n's lips arched, twitching into a smile, a grin, wheezing into a fit of laughter, she couldn't help it, this was way too funny.

'I can't believe she did that over someone as scary as Lady Katarina!' she covered her face, she was just laughing into her hands while y/n felt disappointment growing within her, 'I'm sure it'll be fine, Lady Katarina isn't known to do well to ace any tests, she barely passes them even!'